If you were recently arrested and charged with a traffic crime, our team at McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., can help you avoid potentially costly fines, the loss of your license, and possible incarceration. We will compile evidence and conduct an independent investigation into your charges. If you maintain your innocence, our Berks County traffic crimes lawyer can help you build a credible defense.
Being charged with a crime can be stressful. When you trust our team with your defense strategy, we aim to ease stress by handling every detail of your case. We will prove probable cause or its lack and investigate any violation of your rights. Either of these factors can provide us with leverage that will benefit your defense.
Benefits of Working With Our Traffic Crimes Lawyer
Traffic crimes can vary widely, from traffic tickets that add points to your driver’s license to causing an accident that leads to serious injuries. Rather than attempt to defend yourself alone, you can enjoy the following benefits of working with our traffic crimes lawyer:
- An in-depth investigation of the violation you are charged with
- A detailed look at the circumstances of your arrest
- Regular updates as your Berks County case moves forward
- Familiarity with state and local traffic and criminal laws
- Collection of evidence and witness statements to prove your case
- Challenges to any blood alcohol content (BAC) test results or equipment
We will also negotiate on your behalf for strategic and beneficial plea agreements and fight to help you preserve or regain your driving privileges. We take care of all case-related communications and handle all documentation and court filings related to your case.
We also make sure you can contact your lawyer at your convenience. Once a representation agreement is signed, we provide you with an email address, text and phone numbers, and social media outlets. In other words, you never have to wonder about your case, its progress, or how to reach your attorney.
Traffic Crimes Our Law Firm Defends
A traffic crime can carry financial penalties and lead to hefty fines. Providing a valid defense to the traffic crime you have been accused of can help you avoid the state’s harshest penalties. We will defend you if you are charged with:
- No driver’s license
- Hit and run
- Road rage
- Drunk driving
- No vehicle registration
- Reckless driving
- Running a red light
- Fleeing and eluding
- Aggressive driving
- Suspended driver’s license
- Improper movement
- Point system offenses
- Serious injury by vehicle
- Driving without a driver’s license
- Driving with no vehicle insurance
Do not assume we cannot help you if the traffic crime you are facing is not on this list. Having our team member review your case with you is the best way to understand how we can defend you.
Read About Our History of Helping Traffic Crimes Clients
Facing criminal investigation on your own can be daunting. We help clients facing similar charges fight back every day. Of our legal service and support, our previous clients say:
- “I was fined for speeding and received 5 points. I spoke with David regarding my options, and he set a plan for us. David met me at the court and was able to get me to plead to a lesser ticket that did not have any points associated with it.” — Anonymous
- “David is an awesome lawyer…He explained everything very detailed and clearly which made me very comfortable to work with him…If you need any license-related, or DUI-related issues, David is a good asset to retain. I strongly recommend him.” — D. B.
See what it means to trust your traffic crimes case to our law firm by reading more testimonials and recommendations like these on our client reviews page.
Traffic Crimes That Lead to License Suspensions and Revocations
According to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT), traffic crimes like DUI, reckless driving, and vehicular homicide can cost you your driver’s license. The ability to drive legally is a privilege that extends into your personal, professional, and social life. Its loss can lead to:
- The inconvenience of being unable to transport yourself or your family
- The time and costs associated with public or rideshare transportation
- Loss of employment that depends on a valid driver’s license or commercial driver’s license (CDL)
When we help you defend yourself and file an appeal, we investigate the original reason for suspension and prepare your evidence. We also make sure it meets the state’s filing deadline of 30 days.
At McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., our traffic crimes lawyer defends clients in Berks County. If you or a loved one needs help protecting your driver’s license, we will guide you through the legal system and avoid adding damaging points to your driving record.
Traffic Crimes That Can Lead to Incarceration
Felony convictions are always serious and can lead to lengthy jail and prison sentences. Traffic crimes that might lead to incarceration or imprisonment include:
- Convictions for repeated DUI offenses
- Causing an accident that causes injuries
- Poses a threat of injury or property destruction
Our traffic crimes team can help you build a credible defense and mitigate the damage a conviction can do to your name, reputation, family, and career.
The Damage of Pennsylvania’s Point System
Pennsylvania’s point system penalizes drivers who commit traffic crimes and violations. Per the guidelines of PennDOT’s point system, penalties can include a temporary loss of your license for up to a year.
Restoring your license can be a long and complicated process. Our traffic crimes team can help. We will request a copy of your notice of suspension, review any evidence the state has against you, and build your defense. In other words, we never stop fighting for you.
Consult Our Berks County, PA, Traffic Crimes Team Today
If you or a loved one was charged with a traffic-related crime in Berks County, you do not have to build a defense alone. Our traffic crimes lawyer will provide legal guidance and support to minimize the subsequent consequences. Learn more about how we can get to work for you by calling one of our McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., team members today.