Facing a criminal charge places you at risk of losing your freedom, ostracization by the community, and a record that will follow you for life. If you face criminal charges, obtaining legal representation from an East Norriton criminal defense lawyer may greatly benefit your case because you won’t have to fight the prosecution yourself.
Our criminal defense attorney at McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. handles various criminal cases in East Norriton. We will serve as your advocate and work to protect your rights as we build a legal defense strategy to obtain a dismissal or reduction of the charges against you.
Types of Criminal Charges a Criminal Defense Lawyer Can Help You Navigate in East Norriton
Everyone has the right to legal representation when facing criminal charges. Our law firm has years of experience defending clients against various criminal charges, from misdemeanors to felonies. We can assist with cases involving the following and more:
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI): Pennsylvania takes driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol seriously. If convicted, you could jail time, hefty fines, and driver’s license suspension.
- Drug Crimes: No matter what type of illegal drug you face charges for allegedly possessing, distributing, or manufacturing, you face severe penalties.
- Theft Crimes: The consequences of stealing can be serious, including fines, prison, and other penalties.
- White Collar Crimes: Fraud, embezzlement, and other white-collar crimes can severely harm your reputation, cost you your professional license, and land you in jail.
- Domestic Violence: You will likely face serious penalties and societal backlash if you are convicted on domestic violence charges.
- Traffic Violations: While most traffic violations are typically minor, some could harm your reputation and threaten your finances and freedom.
- Probation Violations: If you violate probation rules, you may go to jail.
- Federal Crimes: Federal penalties for criminal charges are typically more severe than state penalties.
Whether you face felony, misdemeanor, federal, or state charges, an East Norriton criminal defense attorney from our firm can handle your case in Montgomery County.
A Criminal Defense Lawyer Can Explain the Penalties You Face in East Norriton
It may not be the charges against you that scare you most, but the potential penalties you face if the court convicts you. An East Norriton defense lawyer from our firm can prepare you by explaining the penalties you face.
- Jail: You could receive a sentence that includes several days up to several years in jail, depending on the severity of the charges against you.
- Fines: You could face monetary penalties ranging from a few hundred to several thousand dollars.
- Stigma: You could face a societal stigma that could damage your relationships with family and friends, as well as your reputation in the community.
- Unemployment: You could lose your job or your professional license and experience difficulty finding another job.
We will work to prevent you from facing criminal penalties, as well as mitigate the societal and reputational damage you could suffer.
What a Criminal Defense Lawyer Can Do to Benefit Your Case in East Norriton
You have the right to an attorney when you face criminal charges. Legal representation can make a difference. Our founder, David C. McKenzie III, has years of experience as a former prosecutor, giving our law firm unique insight into how the prosecution works and how we will handle your case.
If you obtain the legal services of a criminal defense lawyer from our firm, we may be able to help you in the following ways and more:
- File a motion for low or no bail so you can stay out of jail to await your next court date
- Prevent the prosecution or police from violating your rights
- Listen and communicate with you regularly; your lawyer will be easily accessible through email, social media, and phone as soon as you sign on as a client
- Review the allegations against you and build a legal defense
- Collect evidence and testimony to challenge the prosecution’s case
- Prepare you for court appearances
- Negotiate for a plea deal with the prosecution
- Present your case to a jury, if necessary
Your defense lawyer will understand the legal language used in court and help you understand the process using non-technical terms. The prosecution will seek a guilty verdict and severe penalties. Our goal is to counter the prosecution and secure the best possible outcome for you.
Strategies a Criminal Defense Lawyer Could Employ in East Norriton
You are not alone. Your East Norriton criminal defense lawyer can fight for you and develop a defense strategy on your behalf. But you can also be an active participant by providing us with information, evidence, and witnesses, all of which can strengthen your case.
Potential strategies we may employ include:
- Challenging the chain of evidence and its validity
- Questioning whether the police or prosecution violated your civil rights
- Suggesting entry into an intervention program such as the Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition (ARD) program, as outlined in 75 Pa. C.S.A. § 3807
- Prove that yours is a case of mistaken identity
These are just a few of the possible defenses we can present. Of course, the defense we develop will depend on what type of charges you face and your case’s circumstances. Regardless of the charges, our criminal defense law firm is committed to protecting your rights and obtaining a dismissal or reduction of the charges on your behalf.
Start Working With a Criminal Defense Lawyer in East Norriton Today
We believe everyone in Montgomery County has the right to a quality defense against criminal charges. Our priority is to keep you out of jail and challenge the prosecution to prevent your case from going to trial. Should your case go to trial, we will build an aggressive defense and present your case to a jury.
Our East Norriton criminal defense lawyer is ready to discuss your case, and we would consider it a privilege to defend you. A criminal charge can impact your life for years to come. Obtaining a lawyer to defend you against the charges could give you a fighting chance to stay out of jail and retain your reputation. To schedule a consultation, please contact us at McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. today.