If you have been charged with a crime in Pennsylvania, choosing the right defense lawyer is of utmost importance. Your career, family life, reputation, and personal freedom are all at stake. As such, you deserve a Montgomery County criminal defense lawyer who has the experience, determination, and resolve to fight for the best possible outcome for your case.
McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., can provide that for you. Criminal defense lawyer David C. McKenzie III represents people from all walks of life who are facing charges in misdemeanor or felony crimes in Montgomery County, PA—from DUIs to drug trafficking. Our team is available to discuss your case for free as soon as you call.
Why Choose McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., for Your Criminal Case?
As one of the top-rated defense firms in Pennsylvania, McKenzie Law Firm, P.C.’s awards, accolades, and client and peer testimonials speak volumes about the quality of our practice. Here are just a few highlights:
- Distinguished Top 40 Under 40 recognition by the American Society of Legal Advocates
- AVVO’s highest rating of 10.0 Superb
- The 10 Best Award in Client Satisfaction for the American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys
- Rising Stars Super Lawyers Recognition
- Over 300 reviews averaging five stars
One such review comes from our previous client Adrian Elkind, who kindly said: “With his experience and understanding of the legal system, he was able to help me achieve a result that was better than my best case scenario! I’m grateful for receiving representation from David and highly recommend him for your defense attorney needs.”
More About Attorney David McKenzie
There are two things defendants should look for in a criminal defense attorney: aptitude and unflinching determination. David has both.
As a former prosecutor, David knows how the state functions and how prosecutors’ minds work. He understands the criminal process from inception to sentencing, and he has developed an arsenal of negotiation and defense strategies that have proven very successful for his clients.
He is also a husband, father, and community leader, so he knows how important your future, family, and livelihood are and how much is riding on your case’s outcome.
Our Firm Can Defend You Against Criminal Charges in Montgomery County
Our team takes every case we handle very seriously. We work diligently to give each client the service, counsel, and attention they deserve. When you reach out to us for representation, you can expect us to:
- Listen carefully to what you experienced during and after your arrest
- Take note of any potential civil rights violations
- Thoroughly review the charges against you
- Investigate for evidence to support your side of the case
- Determine the best approach to your case, whether it be fighting to have the charges dropped, representing you at trial, or negotiating a favorable plea deal
- Communicate on your behalf to protect you from further legal harm
- Prepare you for court appearances and other case matters
With an expansive background in civil and criminal law, litigation, and prosecution, Attorney McKenzie has developed the skills necessary to protect his clients’ rights and fight for their best interests throughout criminal proceedings.
Potential Defenses Our Lawyer Could Use to Fight Your Charges
From the moment you put us on the job, our team will begin exploring your defense options so that we can choose a strategy that puts you in the best possible position. For example, we may be able to:
- Invalidate the prosecution’s evidence: By questioning the validity of the evidence against you, we can work to get your charges dropped or reduced.
- Negotiate a plea deal: In some cases, we can negotiate with the prosecutor to pursue reduced charges or penalties.
- Prove the violation of your civil rights: If law enforcement violated your rights at any time, we could use evidence of this to have your case dismissed.
- Consider your eligibility for ARD: If you are a non-violent offender with no criminal history, we might be able to get you into the Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition (ARD) pre-trial intervention program. Outlined in 75 Pa. C.S.A. § 3807, this program could help you avoid jail time and enable you to have your charges dismissed or expunged.
When you work with us, we will explain exactly what you are up against and devise the most promising plan of action for your case.
What Types of Cases Does McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., Manage?
Our law firm handles misdemeanor and felony cases in both state and federal court in Montgomery County, PA. Some of the primary types of criminal defense cases we handle include:
- DUI: This is one of the most common cases we handle. Penalties can range from fines and alcohol awareness programs to jail time and the need for an ignition interlock device to use your vehicle.
- Drug crimes: The penalties for drug crimes, such as possession, sale, and trafficking, vary, depending on the type and amount of drugs cited in your charges.
- Theft: A theft conviction means a forever-tarnished criminal record, not to mention possible jail time, hefty fines, and other consequences.
- White-collar crime: Being charged with a white-collar crime, such as fraud or embezzlement, not only harms your personal and professional reputation but could result in long-term imprisonment and the end of your career.
- Traffic: Some traffic cases threaten more than just your wallet. In addition to fines, a traffic court conviction can mean losing your driving privileges, probation, and imprisonment.
- General criminal defense: McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., defends against other common criminal charges, as well, such as sex crimes, burglary, domestic violence, outstanding warrants, and violations of probation.
We also handle expungement cases. If your record has a qualifying conviction, we can pursue an expungement that could give you the clean slate you need to move on with your life. We can also seek limited access status for misdemeanors if expungement is unavailable.
Do You Know Your Rights and how to Exercise Them in Pennsylvania?
When arrested and charged with a crime, many people have little idea what their rights are or how to best handle the situation. Defendants may be shocked and fearful over the ordeal and often wind up doing or saying something that hurts their case. Having a criminal defense lawyer in Montgomery County, PA, by your side can help you avoid missteps.
Whatever the charges you are facing, you have certain rights that you can exercise. Specifically, you have the right to:
- Hire a defense attorney;
- Know you have been arrested and what the charges against you are (i.e., officers must place you under arrest and tell you your charges if they want to take you anywhere);
- Receive a hearing from a judge and enter of plea of guilty or not guilty;
- Refuse to make incriminating statements; and
- A fair trial, free from judicial misconduct or major legal proceeding errors.
Our firm can help protect these rights, defend your integrity, and counsel you on making the right decisions as you navigate Montgomery County’s criminal justice system.
When Should You Contact a Criminal Defense Lawyer?
Whether law enforcement has named you a person of interest or filed charges against you, it is never too early to hire legal counsel. From the moment officers request to speak with you, our defense attorney can be by your side protecting your rights. The sooner you reach out to McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., the easier it will be for us to take crucial steps in your case.
Call Us to Discuss Your Montgomery County Criminal Case Now for Free
After listening to your story and gathering critical information, our team will explain your charges, potential penalties, and the best available defenses and strategies for your situation. Moreover, you’ll always have access to your criminal defense lawyer when you work with us. We provide several communication methods, including text and social media.
No matter your charges, our team at McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., wants to hear about your Montgomery County case. David is an advocate you can trust. Call (610) 680-7842 to schedule a phone or in-person consultation today.
n advocate you can trust. Call (610) 680-7842 to schedule a phone or in-person consultation today.