Criminal Defense Lawyer in Montgomery County
When you have been charged with a crime, selecting the right defense lawyer is of paramount importance. Your career, family life, reputation, and personal freedom are all at stake. You need an attorney who has the experience, determination, and resolve to fight for the best possible outcome for your case.
Criminal defense lawyer David C. McKenzie III represents people from all walks of life charged with misdemeanor or felony crimes in Montgomery County, PA, from DUIs to drug trafficking. With an expansive background in civil and criminal law, litigation, and prosecution, David has developed the skills necessary to help protect his clients’ rights and fight for their best interests throughout criminal proceedings.
Give us a call today: (610) 680 – 7842
Why should I choose the McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. for my criminal case?
There are two things defendants should look for in a criminal defense attorney: aptitude and unflinching determination. David has both.
As a former prosecutor, David knows how the state functions and how prosecutors’ minds work. He understands the criminal process, from inception to sentencing, and has developed an arsenal of negotiation and defense strategies that have proven very successful for his clients.
He is also a husband, father, and community leader. He understands how important your future, family, and livelihood are, and how much is riding on the outcome of your case. David and the staff at the firm take each case very seriously. We work diligently to give each client the service, counsel, and attention they deserve.
As one of the top-rated defense firms in the state, the McKenzie Law Firm, P.C.’s awards, accolades, and client and peer testimonials speak volumes about the quality of our practice. Here are just a few highlights:
- Five-star customer rating on Google
- Distinguished Top 40 Under 40 recognition by the American Society of Legal Advocates
- AVVO’s highest 10.0 Superb rating
- The 10 Best Award in Client Satisfaction for the American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys
- Rising Stars Super Lawyers Recognition
- Five-star client reviews
What types of cases does the McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. manage?
Our firm handles misdemeanor and felony cases in both state and federal court. Some of the primary types of cases we handle include:
- DUI: This is one of the most common types of cases we handle. From the moment you put us on the job, we will begin working behind the scenes on your behalf and building your defense. By questioning the validity of the evidence against you, we will work to get your charges dropped or reduced.
- Drug crimes: Drug crimes such as possession, sale, and trafficking can result in devastating penalties. We will explore your defense options and use a strategy that puts you in the best possible position.
- Theft: A conviction for theft means a forever-tarnished criminal record, not to mention possible jail time, hefty fines, and other consequences. We can negotiate with the prosecutor, present your story to the court, and pursue dropped charges or reduced penalties.
- White collar: Being charged with a white-collar crime such as fraud or embezzlement not only harms your personal and professional reputation, but could result in long-term imprisonment and the end of your career. Discuss your defense options with McKenzie Law Firm, P.C.
- Traffic: Some traffic cases threaten more than just your wallet. In addition to fines, a traffic court conviction can mean loss of driving privileges, probation, and imprisonment. When you work with us, we will explain exactly what you are up against and devise the most promising plan of action for your case.
- Expungement: If your record has a qualifying conviction, we can pursue an expungement and give you the clean slate you need to move on with your life. We can also seek limited access status for misdemeanors if expungement is unavailable.
- ARD cases: If you are a non-violent offender with no criminal history, we might be able to help you get into the Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition or ARD pre-trial intervention program. This could help you avoid jail time and enable you to have your charges dismissed or expunged.
- General criminal defense: The McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. defends against other common criminal charges, as well, such as sex crimes, burglary, domestic violence, outstanding warrants, and violations of probation. Contact our office today to see how we may able to help you.
Do you know what your rights are and how to exercise them?
Many people who have been arrested and charged with a crime have little idea what their rights are or how to best handle the situation. Defendants are, quite understandably, shocked, and fearful over the ordeal and often wind up doing or saying something that hurts their case. Having a lawyer by your side can help you avoid missteps.
Whatever the charges you are facing, you have certain rights that you can exercise. You have the right to:
- Hire a defense attorney;
- Know you have been arrested and what the charges against you entail (i.e., officers must place you under arrest and tell you your charges if they want to take you anywhere);
- Be heard by a judge and enter of plea of guilty or non-guilty;
- Refuse to make incriminating statements; and
- A fair trial, free from judicial misconduct or major legal proceeding errors.
Our firm can help protect those rights, protect your integrity, and counsel you on making the right decisions as you navigate the criminal justice system.
Call the McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. to Advocate on Your Behalf Today.
No matter your charges, our team at the McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. can defend your rights and improve the chances of a better result for your case. After listening to your story and gathering facts pertinent to your case, we will explain your charges, potential penalties, and the best available defenses and strategies for your situation.
We will also answer any questions you may have and keep you posted on the status of your case so that you are never in the dark. David is an advocate you can trust. Call 610-680-7842 to schedule a phone or in-person consultation with him today.