If you or a loved one is facing criminal defense charges, West Norriton criminal defense lawyer David C. McKenzie III can advocate for you, help you explore diversion programs, and fight for a dismissal or acquittal.
Our criminal defense team believes that every client deserves respect, dedication, and a fair chance at avoiding a conviction. We offer confidential consultations, during which you can decide if working with our team is right for you.
How Can Our West Norriton Criminal Defense Attorney Help Your Legal Issue?
Facing a DUI, drug possession charge, theft charge, or another type of criminal offense can be frightening and overwhelming. You might not know what your rights are or how to handle the situation.
Our criminal defense lawyer in West Norriton can provide the guidance you need during this stressful period in your life. Every case is different, but you can rest assured that when you work with Attorney McKenzie, you’ll enjoy the following benefits:
Our Attorney Might Be Able to Get Your Charges Dismissed or Dropped
Depending on the circumstances of your charges, we might be able to get the charge dropped or the case dismissed. If we can convince the prosecutor that there isn’t enough evidence to warrant the charges, they might forgo even filing charges.
The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can investigate this and determine if dropped charges or case dismissal are possibilities.
Reducing Your Criminal Charges or Penalties
In many criminal defense cases, especially those involving felony charges, the maximum prison penalty is significant. We might be able to persuade the prosecutor to reduce the charges or penalties. This sometimes involves negotiating a fair plea deal that decreases the penalties you face.
Pursuing a Pre-Trial Diversionary Program
Pennsylvania’s Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition (ARD) program gives first-time non-violent offenders the chance to avoid jail time and other criminal consequences. You can also ask the court to expunge (erase) your record if you complete ARD. This means that friends, neighbors, employers, and landlords can’t see the charges.
The requirements can vary, but most people are required to do community service, attend drug or alcohol education classes or treatment, and go through a probation period to complete ARD. Attorney McKenzie can help you apply for the program and guide you through the process.
Building a Strong Defense Against the Charges
Whether you’re facing charges for sex crimes, battery, drunk driving, embezzlement, drug crimes, or another crime, we believe in “innocent until proven guilty.” Attorney McKenzie can gather evidence and witness statements and build a powerful defense against the charges. Some defense strategies we might use to clear your name include but are not limited to:
- Lack of probable cause or reasonable suspicion – The police can’t just pull someone over or search their property without a valid reason. For example, it’s unlawful for police to conduct a vehicle search based solely on the type of car the person was driving or the neighborhood they were in. If we can prove that officers didn’t have probable cause or a reasonable suspicion of the alleged crime, we might be able to get the case dismissed.
- Inaccurate breathalyzer or alcohol blood test results – Did you know that alcohol breath tests and blood tests can be inaccurate? Incorrect test administration, failure to calibrate the device, and even health problems can lead to false positives in your DUI case.
- Unlawful search and seizure – The Fourth Amendment gives everyone the right to be free from unjustified searches. If police searched your home without a warrant or other valid justification, we could file a motion to suppress evidence collected during the search. Prosecutors can’t use evidence such as drugs or weapons if they were collected during an illegal search.
- Chain of custody problems – If there are issues with the documentation or handling of evidence, we can argue that the evidence isn’t reliable or could have been tampered with.
- Mistaken identity – We can argue that you are not the person who committed the crime.
- Entrapment – While rare, entrapment defenses are sometimes possible. Entrapment occurs when a law enforcement officer “induces’ or convinces a person to commit a crime they wouldn’t have otherwise committed.
Choose David McKenzie to Represent You in Your West Norriton Criminal Case
Our criminal defense lawyer is a fierce advocate for people accused of crimes. He is experienced in many types of criminal defense matters and has secured numerous fair outcomes for clients.
Client Testimonials Show David McKenzie’s Dedication
Read our client testimonials to see what clients have to say about Attorney McKenzie’s legal skills and support. Some of the testimonials are below:
- “Mr. McKenzie helped me through a traumatic situation to a positive end. He gave excellent advice and information which led to this outcome. I would highly recommend his law firm!” – Marilyn Gormley
- “My issue with the courts was resolved quickly!” – David Feinberg
- “McKenzie Law Firm are fighters in the truest sense of the word. David and his team stopped at nothing to aid me in my legal situation. I am forever indebted. My new heroes!” – Samuel Clifton
Frequent Communication from Our Criminal Defense Law Firm
Once you sign on as a client, Attorney McKenzie will be available through phone calls, emails, text messages, and social media. You’ll never be left in the dark. Our law firm believes that frequent communication is essential. We’ll answer your questions quickly and take your concerns seriously.
Personalized Legal Services in West Norriton
At McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., we provide personalized criminal defense services based on your specific needs. Every case is different and requires a specific type of strategy. Attorney McKenzie will evaluate the facts of your case, talk to witnesses, gather evidence, and build a customized legal strategy for you. He works tirelessly to get a fair outcome in criminal defense cases.
Types of Cases Our West Norriton Criminal Defense Lawyer Can Handle
Defense attorney David McKenzie provides legal representation and support in a wide range of cases, including:
- White-collar cases, including embezzlement, tax evasion, forgery, fraud, and extortion
- Drug cases, including cases involving possession, manufacture, or sale of marijuana, methamphetamine, heroin, fentanyl, cocaine, and other drugs
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI) cases
- Theft cases, including misdemeanor and felony theft
- Federal crimes cases, including drug trafficking, weapons charges, conspiracy, and federal fraud cases
- Traffic violations, including speeding, hit and run, reckless driving, driving without a license, and more
Let Our West Norriton Criminal Defense Lawyer Manage Your Case
David McKenzie is a West Norriton criminal defense lawyer who truly cares about his clients. He fights for case dismissal, dropped charges, and reduced penalties whenever possible.
If you or a loved one is facing charges, let McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. provide the legal support you need and deserve. Call us today to begin your case with a confidential consultation.