If you have been charged with a criminal offense, you are likely overwhelmed with stress and fear. But you are not alone. Hiring the right defense attorney can make all the difference in the world. Your rights, reputation, and freedom are on the line. You may have made a mistake, but there is no reason to make another one by hiring the wrong attorney.
Criminal defense lawyer David C. McKenzie III has extensive experience defending clients against all kinds of criminal offenses, from misdemeanors to felonies. He also has a background in prosecution, giving him valuable insight into the way the other side thinks. He knows how to look for weaknesses in their case and use those weaknesses to your advantage.
Types of Cases Handled by the McKenzie Law Firm, P.C.
Our law firm handles all types of federal and state misdemeanor and felony cases, but the most common include:
- DUI: It is a common misconception that first-offense DUIs do not require legal counsel. Even a first-time DUI can land you behind bars, resulting in hefty fines, a criminal record, and the inability to obtain housing, employment, and affordable car insurance for years. Do not make the mistake of trying to go it alone. Let a DUI lawyer in Harleysville, PA We will build a solid defense to the charges against you and do everything possible to get your charges reduced or dropped altogether.
- Theft: If you have been charged with theft, you are likely facing fines, jail time, and a criminal record, among other possible consequences. We will position you for the most favorable outcome possible and do everything we can to get your charges reduced or dropped.
- Drug crimes: Whether you have been charged with possession, distribution, or trafficking, a drug crimes conviction could truly destroy your future. We will fight tirelessly to get your charges dropped or reduced. We will also seek alternative sentencing options. Depending on the details of your case, we may be able to replace some or all of your jail time with rehabilitation and community service solutions.
- Traffic: As with DUIs, many people mistakenly believe that hiring an attorney for a traffic offense is unnecessary. But being convicted of a traffic offense can lead to much more than a slap on the wrist. A traffic court conviction can result in probation, the suspension of your driver’s license, large fines, and even jail time. We will investigate the details of your case to determine how to proceed and position you for a successful defense.
- White collar: Crimes such as embezzlement and fraud are considered white-collar crimes. Conviction for these crimes carries similar penalties and the same tarnished reputation inherent in other criminal offenses. The McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. will fight diligently to protect your rights, reputation, and freedom.
- Expungement: Certain crimes qualify for expungement after a period of time as long as certain criteria are met. Expungement is essentially the removal of a criminal conviction so that you can move forward with a clean slate.
- ARD cases: If your offense was non-violent and you have no prior criminal history, you may be eligible for the Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition (ARD) program. If approved, you will likely avoid jail time and your charges may be dismissed.
The list above is not exhaustive—The McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. defends against all types of criminal charges, including outstanding warrants, burglary, domestic violence, and probation violations. Call us today for a free consultation about your case.
How the McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. Serving Harleysville, PA Can Help You
In addition to his unflinching determination and holistic knowledge of how criminal cases work from both sides of the courtroom, David is also a loving husband, father, and leader in his community. He understands the importance of protecting and preserving these aspects of our lives and livelihoods. Family is everything, and criminal convictions can be devastating for more than just the defendant. David will use his arsenal of defense and negotiation strategies to fight to protect all that you hold dear.
Know Your Rights and Exercise Them
It is not uncommon for people who have been arrested to have no idea what to do next. They are unaware of their rights and how to handle themselves in such a stressful situation. Keep in mind that no matter what crime you are being charged with, you have rights. These include the right to:
- Hire a lawyer
- Know that you have been placed under arrest and what you are being charged with
- Be heard before a judge
- Remain silent in the face of questioning
- Due process
- A fair trial
At the McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., we will ensure that the rights above, and your best interests, are protected. Our compassionate criminal defense lawyers in Harleysville, PA will help you navigate the complex criminal justice system every step of that way.
Call a Harleysville, PA Defense Lawyer Today for a Free Consultation About Your Case
The legal team at the McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. is here to advocate on your behalf, protect your best interests, and fight tirelessly to keep you out of jail and to keep your record clean. We will thoroughly evaluate the unique details of your case and we will ensure that you understand your rights and options before moving forward.
Our legal team will answer any questions you have and keep you updated about the status of your case at all times. Call us today at 610-680-7842 to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation about your case with a criminal defense lawyer in Harleysville, PA.