Having a criminal record can do a lifetime of damage beyond the legal penalties of jail and fines. If you face criminal charges in Collegeville, you don’t have to face the charges alone because you have the right to have legal representation on your side.
A Collegeville criminal defense lawyer from McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. may be able to help you secure a reduction or dismissal of the charges against you. Our law firm aims to mitigate potential non-legal consequences so you can move forward.
How Our Criminal Defense Lawyer Will Handle Your Case
You have the right to an attorney, and our law firm is ready to discuss how we can help you and benefit your case. Our law firm will:
- Seek to secure your release from jail via a motion for low or no bail so you can wait for your appearance in court at home.
- Review the charges against you and begin the process of building a robust defense.
- Gather evidence and testimony to challenge the prosecution’s case against you.
- Negotiate a plea deal with the prosecution, which could include downgrading the charges against you and entering you into a rehabilitative program such as the Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition (ARD) program, according to 75 Pa. C.S.A. § 3807.
- Protect your rights and prepare you for court, including by providing you with appropriate clothing.
- Provide regular updates on your case and communicate with you.
- Present your case to a jury because we do not fear litigating your case in court.
Part of why we do not fear challenging the prosecution and negotiating a plea deal is because we have unique insight into how the prosecution works thanks to our founder’s experience as a former criminal prosecutor. Our goal is to secure a fair outcome for you, and we will use every advantage we have to fight for you.
Cases Our Criminal Defense Lawyer Handles in Collegeville
Any kind of criminal offense places you at risk of spending time in jail and losing freedom that can severely impact your life. You could lose your job, lose track of relationships with friends and family, lose your home, and end up in financial ruin.
Our criminal defense firm handles a variety of cases, so you can obtain legal representation no matter what charges you may be facing. Our team can provide legal defense for cases that involve:
- Drug crimes: You could be facing charges for possessing, manufacturing, distributing, cultivating, selling, or trafficking, which could result in a conviction that puts you in prison for years. Our firm places an emphasis on handling drug crime cases.
- DUI: Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol could land you in jail. You could also face hefty fines and the loss of your driver’s license.
- Traffic crimes: Whether it’s a minor or more serious traffic violation, our firm understands the laws and rules governing Collegeville roads.
- Theft: Theft can be a misdemeanor or a felony depending on the circumstances, such as shoplifting or stealing a car. You could end up paying a fine or spending time in jail.
- White-collar crimes: Your professional license, job, and reputation could all be on the line if you face charges of fraud, embezzlement, or other white-collar crimes. You could also pay hefty fines and go to prison for a lengthy amount of time.
- Federal crimes: Many crimes can also carry federal charges, the penalties for which can be more severe.
Facing criminal charges of any kind in Collegeville can be frightening. Having a criminal defense lawyer on your side in court can prepare you for what to expect as you go through the legal process. You are not alone.
Our Collegeville Criminal Defense Attorney Can Help You Understand the Penalties You May Face
The penalties you face will vary depending on what kind of charges are against you. It will also depend on whether the charges are for a misdemeanor or a felony, whether you have a prior record, and if you committed any acts of violence. Penalties in the sentencing phase could include:
- Jail: Jail is never a desirable outcome, but it’s possible you could spend months or years in prison should the court convict you.
- Fines: You could have to pay a small fine or a large fine, but it’s a financial hit that can put additional strain on you and your family.
- Community service: One of the less harsh penalties you could face is performing community service with a charity or organization that gives you an opportunity to give back.
- Non-legal consequences: Aside from the legal penalties, you could have to deal with societal consequences. You could lose your job and professional license, lose support from family and friends, and suffer damage to your reputation within the community.
It’s important to keep in mind that a criminal charge is not a conviction. You are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. You will get an opportunity to present a defense to a jury, which will produce a verdict. Even before that point, it’s possible the prosecution will offer a plea deal, or we could negotiate a plea deal on your behalf.
Discuss Your Case With Our Criminal Defense Legal Team in Collegeville Today
We understand the legal process and we can explain how it works in non-technical terms. We also understand the legal language of the court so you never risk missing something important as you might if you were to choose to represent yourself.
Whether you face misdemeanor or felony charges, your charges are serious and could have a lasting impact on you and those you love. Having a lawyer evens the playing field against a prosecutorial team that is working to convict you.
McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. is ready to discuss your case with you and provide you with options to build a defense strategy. To get started with a consultation, please contact the criminal defense team from our firm to begin the process of building your defense in Collegeville today.