Criminal charges can lead to fines, imprisonment, loss of certain rights, and other penalties, depending on the severity of the offense and the type of conviction you face. Even with an alibi and evidence to support your case, it is not easy to defend yourself alone. If you seek legal support for yourself or a loved one, look no further than McKenzie Law Firm, P.C.
Our criminal defense lawyer in Franconia, PA, has the background and resources to build a defense for you. A team member is available to discuss your case now for free.
Reasons Franconia, PA, Residents Choose McKenzie Law Firm, P.C.
Our firm is led by an award-winning attorney who has received accolades from groups like The National Trial Lawyers, the American Society of Legal Advocates (ASLA), and Martindale-Hubbell.
As a former criminal prosecutor, Attorney David McKenzie knows what it’s like to be on the other side of the courtroom.
The Initial Consultation Costs Your Family Nothing
We review cases for free. Whether you are facing charges or seeking legal help for a family member, all you have to do is call our office and tell us about the circumstances. Our phone lines are open 24/7, so you can contact us any time.
Our Criminal Defense Attorney will Fight for You in Montgomery County, PA, Court
From the moment you enter the police station for questioning through the moment you receive a verdict for your criminal charges in Montgomery County court, our attorney will fight for your best interests and protect your rights.
Throughout the legal process, our team will:
- Explain your circumstances, developments as they occur, and what to expect going forward with the case
- Speak on your behalf in all communications with law enforcement, the prosecution, and the courts to protect your rights
- Advise you of what to say when you are called to make statements
- Examine the evidence against you and look for other evidence in your defense
- Consider all possible defense strategies to win the case or get the charges dropped or reduced
- Work with forensic experts and others who can examine the case and support your defense
- Call defense witnesses and cross-examine the prosecution’s witnesses
- File motions and other documentation
Our firm will handle these and any other aspects of your criminal defense case. We can also represent you in subsequent sentencing hearings, appeals, and expungement proceedings if necessary.
You Can Always Get in Contact with Your Lawyer
The goal of having a criminal defense attorney represent you in Franconia, PA, or elsewhere is to have someone there to:
- Answer your questions
- Address your concerns
- Guide you through the legal process while fighting your charges
At McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., we understand that our clients’ needs are not limited to business hours. That is why lawyer accessibility is one of our top priorities. We offer every client multiple avenues for reaching their attorney, including via phone call, email, text, or even social media. When you need support, our team is never too far away.
Hear it Straight from Our Past Clients
More than 300 of our previous clients have been kind enough to leave Google reviews regarding our legal services, resulting in an overall rating of five stars. Below is just a sample of what you can expect when you hire us:
- “Mr. McKenzie went above and beyond for me. He kept me at ease from our first consultation throughout this whole court experience. He helped me through a situation where I could’ve ruined my life and my entire future. Thanks to him I was given a second chance and I am grateful that he was the one who represented me.” – Derrick M.
- “Dave is responsive, action-oriented and is very invested in taking the time to understand situations. His firm does a nice job of balancing being direct yet calm while navigating through ambiguity. I would wholeheartedly recommend McKenzie Law for legal support.” – Mindi S.
If you are facing criminal charges, our team is here to build the defense you need.
Our Firm Represents Clients Against Various Criminal Charges in PA
Our criminal defense lawyer fights for clients facing many different types of charges in Montgomery County and other parts of Pennsylvania. For example, we frequently handle cases involving:
- Driving under the influence (DUI) and other alcohol or drug-related offenses
- Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition (ARD)
- Theft or burglary
- Federal crimes
- Traffic accidents or other citations
- Criminal record expungement
18 Pa. C.S.A. § 106 outlines the different charges you can face for such offenses in Pennsylvania. We will fight to see the charges against you dropped so that you can avoid conviction and the penalties associated with a misdemeanor or felony. If this isn’t possible, our attorney may either negotiate for lesser charges or penalties or take one of the following defenses to court.
Types of Defense Strategies We May Use in Your Case
The best defense option in your case will depend on the exact charges you face and the circumstances surrounding your arrest. A few common examples include:
- An officer failed to read you your rights: Before taking you down to the Franconia Township Police Department for processing, the arresting officers are required to read your Miranda rights to you. If you were arrested, but these rights were not made clear to you, it could invalidate the charges against you.
- Lack of probable cause: Whether you were stopped while walking around Franconia Community Park or while driving down Allentown Road, law enforcement must have probable cause to stop you, particularly to perform a search and seizure or arrest. Without probable cause, these actions violate your rights.
- Lack of or questionable evidence: The burden of proof is on the prosecution in criminal cases, meaning there must be evidence to prove without a doubt that you violated the law. We will take the time to thoroughly examine each piece of the prosecution’s evidence and point out holes in the case against you.
- Proving your alibi: If you have a solid alibi that proves you could not have committed the offense, we will take the steps to prove this using our own evidence.
With our team on your side, you can rest assured that we will explore every available defense strategy in your case.
Don’t Wait to Start Building Your Defense Against Criminal Charges in Franconia
The first hours and days after an arrest are often some of the most crucial when it comes to fighting criminal charges. If you or your loved one has been charged in Franconia, PA, our criminal defense lawyer can go to work right away.
At McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., we start by reviewing the case in a complimentary, confidential consultation. If you like what we have to offer, we can begin taking steps to protect your rights immediately. Call our office in Montgomery County now: (610) 991-7219.