When facing criminal charges, it is helpful to have a criminal defense lawyer who will protect your rights and explain your legal options at every phase.
David McKenzie is a former prosecutor and current criminal defense lawyer. He understands your concerns on how a potential criminal charge will affect your life, your job, your family, and your liberty.
Depending on your individual case, a criminal defense lawyer in Whitemarsh Township can:
- Negotiate with prosecutors for a lesser charge
- Negotiate for charges against you to be dismissed
- Seek Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition (ARD) if you qualify
- Take your case to court
Call McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. if you were arrested for drugs, driving under the influence (DUI), or traffic crimes to learn more about how a criminal defense lawyer in Whitemarsh Township, PA, can help protect your rights: (610) 680-7842.
A Custom Criminal Defense Can Make the Difference
Having legal counsel on your side means having access to a lawyer who can build a defense that specifically addresses the charges against you. We will use our knowledge of criminal law to negotiate a dismissal or reduction of charges whenever possible.
Our firm is here to help you with your custom criminal defense for:
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI)
- Drug charges
- Traffic crimes
- White-collar crimes
- Federal crimes
We Suggest That Our Clients Assert Their Right to Remain Silent
As a former prosecutor, David McKenzie recommends that you maintain your right to remain silent until your attorney arrives. Police interrogation rooms and courtrooms are intimidating, and you could inadvertently incriminate yourself.
If you are arrested for a drug, DUI, or traffic crime:
- Try to remain calm and tell the arresting officer that you will not make any statement without your lawyer.
- Do not resist arrest, or you may find yourself facing more charges.
- Remain respectful and polite.
- Do not say anything further until your attorney arrives.
Everyone makes mistakes, and sometimes you find yourself in circumstances beyond your control. A criminal defense lawyer can make a difference in your case. For a free consultation with a criminal defense lawyer In Whitemarsh Township, PA, call McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. at (610) 680-7842.
We Defend DUI Charges
In the state of Pennsylvania, you are considered intoxicated if your blood alcohol content (BAC) is 0.08 or above. The higher your BAC, the more severe the punishment. A DUI conviction can result in probation, prison, steep fines, suspension of your driving privileges, or a combination of penalties.
McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. will closely examine the evidence against you and create a custom defense. This defense strategy may include:
- Negotiate to reduce the DUI to a lesser offense such as reckless driving.
- Question the validity of the BAC test equipment or an administrator.
- Seek a hearing to have your license returned, if applicable.
- Request adjudication if the defendant is a minor.
Why You Should Call a Criminal Defense Lawyer for a DUI Arrest
DUI convictions become a part of a permanent criminal record. It is possible to seal or expunge your record, but you cannot count on this action. While a criminal defense lawyer in Whitemarsh Township, PA, cannot guarantee that your charges will be reduced or dismissed, McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. will work for the best possible outcome.
For a free consultation, please call (610) 680-7842. McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. serves Whitemarsh Township with responsive and customized criminal defense.
A Criminal Defense Lawyer Will Pursue the ARD Program When Possible
The ARD program gives non-violent, first-time convicted offenders the chance to reduce the life-changing negative impact of a DUI, drug crime, or theft crime.
The ARD program helps first-time offenders make better choices through education and rehabilitation. There are several benefits of the ARD program when compared to a typical DUI conviction:
- No jail sentences
- Reduced length of driver’s license suspension
- Potential to have the record expunged
The people with the best chance to enter the ARD program are first-time DUI offenders, minor drug offenders, and those convicted of lesser theft charges, such as shoplifting.
We Help Clients Facing Drug Crimes
If you were arrested for using, having, or selling drugs, you could face steep fines, prison, and a criminal record that may affect your options in life. David McKenzie will use his knowledge as a former prosecutor to counter the charges against you.
Several factors can influence the likelihood of your conviction and sentence for a drug crime:
- Amount: drug penalties usually increase with quantity.
- Possession vs. intent to sell: Pennsylvania has harsher penalties for selling drugs than possession alone.
- Cultivation and manufacturing: you will face severe penalties if you grow or manufacture drugs.
- Type of drug: typically, there are harsher penalties for heroin and cocaine than marijuana.
- Location: possessing or intending to sell drugs in certain locations, such as near a school, will affect your penalty.
- Prior convictions: penalties are more severe for repeat drug offenders.
If you are arrested for a drug crime in Whitemarsh Township, please do not say anything until you have a lawyer with you. Call McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. at (610) 680-7842 for a free consultation.
We Defend Clients Against Traffic Crimes
Minor traffic violations can accumulate into serious fines. You will pay more for auto insurance if points are added to your license. The court can suspend or revoke your license, making it difficult for you to get to work or school. A criminal defense lawyer in Whitemarsh Township, PA, with the McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. will protect your rights.
We can help you with traffic crimes such as:
- Driving with a suspended license or no license
- Reckless driving
- Hit and run
- Running a red light
Call McKenzie Law Firm, P.C.
Please do not face an arrest on your own. If you are facing DUI, drug, or traffic crime charges, a criminal defense lawyer in Whitemarsh Township, PA, may be able to help. Call McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. right away at (610) 680-7842 to get started.