Whether you are facing a minor traffic charge (e.g., improper lane change) or a serious traffic crime (e.g., drinking while driving), these infractions add points to your driving record. This can lead to suspension if you accrue too many. In worst cases, a traffic crime conviction can even put you in jail.
If you were pulled over in Springfield, Pennsylvania, and given a ticket on traffic crime charges, our criminal defense team at McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., wants to help you reduce or dismiss those charges. A traffic ticket lawyer from our team can help you after reviewing your case.
We Can Help You Build a Case to Defend Yourself Against a Traffic Ticket
When you hire a traffic ticket lawyer from our team to help you with your case, we get to work for you right away. In fact, we can start developing your client profile during your free case evaluation once you understand your legal options and decide to work with us.
As our client, you can relax as we manage your case for you. We’ll keep you updated throughout your case, but you can leave the work to us. Some of the legal services we will provide you include:
- Case investigation: While our team will review the police report about your traffic violation, we know that it may only contain information from the police officer’s perspective. Our team can conduct our own investigation to see whether your traffic stop and charges were warranted.
- Evidence collection: As part of our investigation, our team can also help you collect evidence to support your defense. Evidence may include video footage from security systems or police body cams, test results from a breathalyzer or blood sample, and eyewitness testimony.
- Communication management: Opposing attorneys may reach out for additional statements and potential confessions from you. We advise that you let a lawyer from our firm handle these communications to protect your case. Our team will relay any important information or messages you need to know throughout your case progression.
- Legal representation: Perhaps the main reason why most people hire a criminal defense lawyer, our team will take on the task of advocating for your innocence throughout your case. We can fight to have your charges dismissed or reduced, which may involve negotiating a plea deal or presenting your case in trial.
- Legal guidance: Throughout your case, our team will be available to answer questions 24/7. You can reach out to our representatives anytime by phone (including text), social media, and email. We aim to serve your needs.
Our Defense Team Has Helped People Fight Against Various Traffic Violation Charges
At McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., our criminal defense team has helped drivers fight against numerous alleged traffic violation charges. While some traffic infractions can be “minor,” their consequences may not be. The PA point system serves to regulate traffic behavior on the road, so drivers convicted of multiple offenses may risk having their license suspended.
You can see how many points certain infractions accrue and their penalties in 75 Pa. C.S.A. §1535.
Types of Traffic Violations in Springfield
A traffic ticket lawyer from our team can help you build a case to have your charges dropped or reduced. Our legal team has handled cases involving the following types of traffic violations:
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Driving under the influence (DUI)
- Driving with a suspended license
- Driving without a driver’s license
- Driving without vehicle registration or with an expired registration
- Driving while uninsured
- Leaving the scene of an accident (a hit-and-run violation)
- Driving aggressively or recklessly
- Failing to stop for a school bus
- Making an improper lane change
Arguments We Might Make for Your Case
Many people give in when they get a traffic ticket and pay the fine because they believe going through litigation “isn’t worth it.”
However, every ticket you receive marks your driving record, which can affect your insurance rates and ability to keep your driver’s license. If you commit the same offense multiple times, such as speeding, you might receive higher charges based on your driving history. We want you to understand that there are many potential arguments our team can make to fight against a charge you are facing, such as:
- Your traffic stop was unlawful: If we find there was no definitive evidence of a traffic violation on your part, we may argue that the police officer did not have proper cause to pull you over.
- Your arrest was unlawful: You still have rights when being arrested. If the arresting officer failed to read your Miranda’s rights or explain the nature of the charges against you, we may argue that your arrest was unlawful.
- The police officer did not conduct proper or accurate testing: For example, regarding a DUI, we may argue that the breathalyzer test was improperly administered. For a speeding violation, we may argue that the officer’s radar was not calibrated or they did not have the certification and training to use VASCAR technology, which monitors speed.
These are only a few arguments we might make. We will review and investigate your case to develop a defense strategy tailored to your case.
Don’t Pay Your Traffic Ticket Fines Before Speaking With Our Legal Team
Getting a traffic ticket can be annoying for many, but it can also lead to harsh penalties if not dealt with properly. If you received a traffic ticket in Springfield, Pennsylvania, you may be able to fight against those charges and have them reduced or dismissed.
Call McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., today at (610) 991-7219 for a free case evaluation. A traffic ticket lawyer from our team who serves Springfield can begin working on your case right away. When it comes to criminal defense, you’ll want a lawyer who rises to the occasion—and at our law firm, we shine, not burn.