If you have been pulled over and accused of committing a traffic offense, you may be interested in putting this experience behind you as soon as possible. You can work with an attorney who can explain your legal options and defend your rights.
Fortunately, if you have an Upper Merion traffic crimes lawyer at McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. working for you, you can take steps to challenge the allegations against you and protect your reputation and finances.
Types of Traffic Crimes You Could Be Charged With in Upper Merion
There are multiple types of traffic offenses you could be facing in Upper Merion. Some are minor offenses that result in citations, while others can become criminal offenses. Our criminal defense lawyer in Upper Merion, PA can help you understand the charges you could face.
Upper Merion Traffic Crimes That May Result in a Citation
Many types of traffic crimes that may result in a citation include:
- Failure to yield to the right of way
- Driving over the speed limit
- Failure to pay parking meters
- Failure to stop at a stop sign
- Failure to stop at a traffic light
- Driving without headlights on
- Making an unsafe lane
- Parking in a handicap spot without having necessary handicap plates
- Having an expired registration
Traffic Crimes That May Result In Criminal Charges
Serious traffic offenses can result in far more severe penalties. Some of the more serious types of offenses that you could be facing include:
- Using a motor vehicle to commit a felony offense
- Leaving the scene of a motor vehicle accident
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driving with a suspended or revoked license
- Use of a motor vehicle to commit a drug-related felony offense
Commercial Driver’s License Traffic Crimes
You may also be at risk of facing citations or criminal charges if you are found in violation of commercial driver’s license (CDL) regulations. According to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation Driver & Vehicle Services, some of the types of CDL violations you could be facing that may result in fines or citations include:
- Driving under the influence
- Aggressive or reckless driving
- Making unsafe or improper lane changes
- Driving without your CDL
Some of the types of major violations include driving under the influence, leaving the scene of an accident, or using a vehicle to commit a felony offense.
Consequences of an Upper Merion Traffic Crimes Conviction
Anyone found guilty of a traffic offense can face a variety of penalties depending on the type of violation. Generally, potential penalties can include fines, jail time, and suspension of your driver’s license.
However, if you have multiple charges on your record, the charges against you could be increased, and the penalties you face will likely be worse.
Pennsylvania Point System for Driver’s Licenses
Pennsylvania also utilizes a point system that gives drivers points on their driving records for every traffic offense. The more points on the record, the more severely your life could be impacted.
You could be required to take driver’s education courses and be at risk to have your driver’s license suspended or revoked if you receive 11 or more points on your driving record.
How To Defend Against the Traffic Crimes You’re Facing in Upper Merion
There are multiple potential ways you may be able to defend yourself when you are accused of committing a traffic offense. Some of the common types of defenses used in traffic crime cases include:
- Lack of intent to commit a traffic violation
- Law enforcement misconduct
- Issues with breathalyzers or field sobriety tests
- The law enforcement officer’s conclusions were subjective
- You were forced to commit a traffic violation due to an immediate emergency or to avoid physical bodily injury
When we analyze your case, we will determine which defenses we can use to help you. Our team has experience handling Upper Merion traffic crime cases like yours. We can explain what you can expect if your case goes to court, as well.
Client Testimonials for Our Attorneys Serving Upper Merion, PA
Our former clients have left reviews about the legal defense they received from McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. Check out these recent client reviews:
- “Excellence in EVERY sense of the word! From the initial Consultation to the Hearings and Conclusion of the case, David McKenzie kept me extremely informed, aware of all possible outcomes and plays, and ultimately resolved my case with the best possible outcome, in my favor! Hands down, he is the absolute BEST! If you are in need of a Criminal Attorney and your freedom in any way has been threatened, look no further! Thank you David for everything!” -Teresa Gibbs
- “David is the man! He shares upfront the good and worse outcomes possible depending on your situation. He goes above and beyond to get the best results for his clients. He understands the legality of case law. He turned a bad situation around into outstanding results. If you need a lawyer he is the one, and his price is reasonable and worth every penny you spend.” -P. Thomas
When you work with our firm, we will update you about the status of your case and explain any laws that apply. You do not have to defend yourself against the traffic crime charges alone. Allow us to help you handle your case.
Contact Us To Learn More About Our Upper Merion Traffic Crimes Attorney Today
If you are found guilty of a traffic offense, the implications could have a substantial impact on your life for years to come. Make sure you take steps to defend yourself.
Reach out to us to learn more about our Upper Merion traffic crimes lawyer at McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. We can provide you with a confidential case evaluation. You can reach us by calling us at any time, 24/7.