After getting charged with a gun crime, you might not know where to turn. A gun crime lawyer serving Audubon, PA, from McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. can provide the support and legal guidance you need to get through this difficult time.
We understand how daunting it is to face a criminal conviction. However, our legal team can help you avoid a conviction so you can move on with your life without worrying about the consequences.
Benefits of Hiring McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. to Help With Your Gun Crime Charge
At our firm, we can help you fight for a better outcome than having a criminal conviction on your record. In doing so, we can seek to have your charge dropped or reduced. If your case goes to a trial, our attorney can prepare a solid defense so you can avoid the consequences that come with a conviction.
After getting charged with a gun crime, there are many benefits to choosing McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. They include:
- David McKenzie was once a criminal prosecutor, so he has insider knowledge of how they prepare for these cases. He can put this experience to work for you.
- We are very accessible. Once you sign on as our client, you can easily reach us via phone, text, email, or social media. You can always get ahold of your attorney when you have a question or need a status update on your case.
Our firm brings dedication and passion to each case. We want to help our clients move on with their life after dealing with gun crime charges.
How Our Gun Crime Attorney Can Help You
After getting charged with a gun crime, you might wonder how a criminal defense attorney can help. We can take the following steps to get your charges dropped or reduced:
- Investigate the arrest: We can investigate what happened and ensure the police officers collected the evidence at the scene legally.
- Prepare a solid defense: Our attorney uses many defensive strategies (e.g., lack of probable cause, entrapment, unlawful search and seizure, self-defense, etc.) to fight our clients’ gun crime charges. We can personalize your defensive strategy so it meets your needs.
- Represent you in court: If your case goes to trial, our team can defend you before a judge and jury. We can provide evidence to indicate the prosecution’s case is invalid.
With McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. by your side, you can rest assured we can take care of all the legal matters.
Types of Audubon, PA, Gun Crimes
You may have been charged with one or more of the following gun crimes.
- Prohibited possession of a firearm: If you have ever had a felony conviction, you cannot possess any firearm. Military members with a dishonorable discharge also cannot possess one. In both scenarios, you could face felony charges if you get caught having a firearm.
- Carrying a firearm without a license: Pennsylvania law 18 Pa. C.S.A. § 6106 states that people cannot carry a gun outside their home or business without a conceal-and-carry license.
- Possession of a weapon on school property: According to 18 Pa. C.S.A. § 912, the state prohibits someone from possessing a weapon anywhere on school property. Punishments for this offense are up to ten years in prison.
Our gun crime lawyer serving Audubon, PA, can fight for your freedom if you face one or other gun charges. We can help you avoid a conviction and reduce or eliminate any punishments you could receive.
Consequences of a Gun Crime Conviction in Pennsylvania
Unfortunately, if someone gets convicted of a crime, they can’t just serve their time or pay fines and move on with their life without consequence. Having a criminal conviction on your record can bring other consequences you might not think about.
These other potential consequences of a conviction could include the following:
- Employment difficulties: With a criminal conviction on your record, you could find it difficult to find or keep a job. Many employers see a criminal background and will not employ someone because of it.
- Housing difficulties: Many landlords run background checks before approving a rental application. You could get denied housing if you have a conviction on your record. If you’re trying to purchase a house, a mortgage lender could see a criminal conviction and deny your loan. You could struggle to find somewhere to live with a criminal conviction on your record.
- Student loans: If you are interested in going back to college to further your education, your application could get denied for student loans. Many loan servicers won’t approve loans if they see a criminal conviction on someone’s record.
- Travel bans: With a criminal conviction on your record, some countries will prohibit you from entering.
- Child custody: If you have children, a criminal conviction could impact your child custody arrangement.
When you receive gun charges, you may want to retain an attorney at our firm to fight for you to avoid penalties and achieve a favorable outcome.
Hire a Gun Crime Lawyer from McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. Today
When you’ve received a gun crime charge, we invite you to reach out to our team. Once you retain our services, we can begin working on your case immediately. You can rely on our team can represent you and speak on your behalf. Having us join your case quickly can help ensure that you don’t say anything that could incriminate yourself.
Contact McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. today for a consultation. A member of our legal team is available 24/7 to take your call. We understand you could need our legal support at all times, so we are available when you need us. During the consultation, we can listen to your side of what happened and explain how our Audubon, PA, gun crime lawyer can help you.