If you were arrested for or charged with a crime in Wyomissing, PA, you should act quickly to protect your legal rights. Call a criminal defense lawyer in Wyomissing, PA at McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. to fight your charges: 610-680-7842.
Services We Provide for Our Clients
Depending on the facts of your case, we can often help to:
- Get your bond reduced for you to go home to your family and continue working so that you can pay your bills and keep your job
- Challenge evidence and keep inadmissible testimony and items out of the court’s file
- Work with the prosecutor to negotiate a plea deal
- Investigate your case
- Formulate a strategy for your defense
- Fight hard to defend you in court
Also, once you become a client, you can contact your lawyer 24 hours a day, seven days a week by email, text, phone, or social media.
To get help from a defense attorney at the McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., call us today at 610-680-7842.
Our Wyomissing Practice Areas
We concentrate on these four areas, but we also handle other types of criminal matters:
We can help if you got arrested and charged with a DUI. We can explain your legal rights, explore your best options, and investigate your case to look for defenses to the evidence against you. We will work toward decreasing your jail sentence for DUI. Things can happen quickly in DUI cases, including losing your job and derailing your life. We need to get involved as soon as possible to protect you and fight the DUI charges.
Under Pennsylvania law, drug charges can range from a minor misdemeanor to a felony that can change your entire future. A drug conviction can destroy your reputation, disrupt your educational plans, and end your career. A criminal defense lawyer in Wyomissing, PA will fight to minimize the impact that drug charges can have on your life, particularly if the law enforcement officer suspected you of having intent to distribute the drugs.
ARD Program Cases
Berks County participates in the Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition (ARD) program. Rather than going through a full-blown criminal trial, you can, if eligible, try this pre-trial diversionary plan. If you complete ARD, the court can dismiss your charges and expunge the charges from your criminal record.
Talk to us about how to qualify for this program. We can help you navigate through the ARD system and avoid pitfalls, like missing deadlines.
You will need to apply for ARD after the preliminary hearing (within three days), so do not delay in contacting us. Conditions of ARD often involve paying restitution to victims, completing community service, and being on probation for a set time.
You might think that it is not worth your time or money to hire a lawyer to represent you for a minor traffic violation, but this decision can be a costly mistake. If you have already gotten several traffic tickets recently, you could lose your driver’s license. Also, moving violations can cost you far more than a mere fine and court costs. Your auto insurance company might jack up your rates if you get points against your Pennsylvania license.
More significant traffic charges can put you in jeopardy of harsher penalties, like a suspended or revoked driver’s license, jail time, and a permanent criminal record. If you are facing charges for a hit and run accident, drunk driving, vehicular manslaughter, or another serious violation, you should get a criminal defense lawyer who will defend you aggressively.
Other Types of Cases We Handle
We also help people accused of:
- White collar crimes, like embezzlement, fraud, and money laundering. These crimes do not involve physical violence. The motivation is solely financial gain. You could face steep fines and imprisonment if convicted.
- Theft. The severity of the charges and your potential consequences will depend on the facts of your case. We can defend you in situations of false accusations. In other cases, we can negotiate with the district attorney to try to get the charges reduced.
- General criminal cases. We handle many more types of criminal cases, so give us a call to find out if we will take on your matter. If there is an outstanding warrant or an officer has already arrested you, call us immediately. In some cases, you may be brought in for questioning when there are no charges filed. We can go with you to questioning to protect your legal rights.
- Expungement. If you qualify, you might be able to clear your criminal record after you complete a rehabilitation program or serve your sentence. Pennsylvania law places many limits on the situations in which expungement is available, but we can explain whether you might be eligible. If expungement is a viable option, we can guide you through the process to wipe the slate clean.
How a Criminal Defense Lawyer in Wyomissing, PA Can Help You
Getting convicted of criminal charges can derail your entire life, depending on the type and severity of the charges. You might have to spend time in jail, lose your job, have to surrender your driving privileges, forfeit your professional license, and pay an expensive fine. Your reputation, family, and social life can all take a hit.
A felony conviction can get you put away in prison far away from your family. Your friends and family might not see you for decades.
With so much at stake, the McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. will fight hard to help you avoid the harshest consequences and work aggressively to get you the best possible outcome. If your best option is a plea deal, we will negotiate with the prosecutor for a more lenient sentence in exchange for you pleading guilty to a lesser charge.
Sometimes the best strategy is to take the case to trial, particularly if the accusations are false. We will mount a strong, aggressive defense and represent you in front of the judge and jury.
Call us today at 610-680-7842 to see how a criminal defense lawyer can help with your case.