Were you or a loved one arrested and charged with DUI? If you were, the criminal penalties and fines that follow conviction can put your driver’s license and freedom at risk. When we work together to build your defense, our DUI lawyer in Harleysville, Pennsylvania, fights hard to minimize the negative consequences you might face so you can get back to your life, family, and career.
At McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., our DUI team carefully reviews the details of your arrest, consults the prosecution about possible plea bargains, and negotiates reductions in the charges you face. We also help you avoid a permanent stain on your criminal record that can hinder future background checks and derail your chosen career path. When we represent you, our goal is to ensure you protect your driver’s license and your personal and professional reputation.
Consequences of DUI Conviction in Harleysville, Pennsylvania
The potential aftermath of a DUI conviction can be overwhelming. Depending on the severity of the crime you are charged with and the sentence the prosecution intends to seek, a conviction for DUI can mean prolonged time in local or county jail or state prison, along with substantial financial fines.
According to Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) information, penalties vary according to your blood alcohol content (BAC) level and can involve the following:
- BAC levels from .08% up to .099% can result in fines as high as $5,000 and as many as two years in jail or prison.
- BAC levels between .10% to .159% can result in fines as high as $10,000 and as many as five years in jail or prison.
- BAC levels of .16% and higher can result in fines as high as $10,000 and as many as five years in jail or prison.
The length of potential imprisonment can increase greatly if the DUI you are charged with results in a car accident or a fatality. According to PA. C.S. § 3742, you could then face elevated criminal charges and considerably longer penalties. Our DUI team can help you negotiate with the state for lower charges, which could give you a chance at a fresh start.
We Help You Fight for Your Present and Your Future
When you are faced with the possibility of losing your driving privileges or spending time in jail or prison, it can be difficult to face your legal situation objectively or represent yourself. When our team is on your side, we make sure you:
- Understand the charges against you
- Are fully informed of your rights
- Are aware of every potential outcome
- Have a solid plan for your defense
- Have a chance to make a plea bargain
- Limit damage to yourself and your family
We take every aspect of your arrest and possible conviction into consideration while planning a defense. That means we look at the way it will impact you, your family, your career, and your reputation. We identify the best possible resolution of your DUI charges and fight hard for them. That means our team will collect evidence, interview witnesses, and consult experts who support your defense.
Our Team Investigates Your Arrest and Probable Cause
When our DUI lawyer represents you, we pay careful attention to the details of your arrest in Harleysville, Pennsylvania. We make sure the police had probable cause to stop you before your arrest. According to PA. C.S. § 3811(a), a police officer must have probable cause to arrest someone they suspect is driving under the influence. If we can prove probable cause did not exist, we can move to have the charges against you dismissed.
In addition, our DUI team at McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. strives to ensure you were read your rights in full and in a language you clearly understood. Again, a violation of the reading of your rights can give our team leverage in your defense. We also look for any additional police, arrest, or prosecution errors that may benefit your case.
Our Clients are Always Able to Reach Us
Your future and freedom are our priorities when we handle your DUI case. We are easily accessible via email, text, phone, or our social media outlets. In short, once a representation agreement is in place, you have access to a team member whenever you need it.
Our DUI Team Fought for These Clients, and We will Fight for You
When we say our DUI team does everything possible to defend you, we mean it. In some cases, that means we arrange plea deals. In others, it means we help you navigate the legal process from its beginning to its conclusion.
Clients we’ve represented in the past said:
- “I highly recommend David McKenzie III…He was very attentive with my case, and he would always make himself available to take my call. I will definitely recommend him to anyone who is in need of a good professional attorney.” – Bruno Santana
- “I would recommend David to any person facing a DUI or another criminal charge. He was very knowledgeable of the entire process from start to finish. This helped to put me at ease through the long wait to be admitted into ARD.” – Matt
- “David answered my concerns in a timely fashion and kept me up-to-date…Nowadays there are many steps and complications with a DUI case and his suggestions made the navigation a lot simpler and less time-consuming. I would recommend David for his experience and helpful attitude.” – Richard
Just like we helped these DUI clients get a fresh start, we fight hard to ensure you get one, too. When we agree to handle your case, our goal is to treat it like the individual situation it is and make sure it gets the attention to detail it deserves.
Start Fighting for Your Future Right Now
Avoid putting your future at risk by getting a DUI lawyer in Harleysville, PA from McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. on your side right away. Contact one of our team members who helps DUI clients in Harleysville, Pennsylvania, at (610) 991-7219 today to find out how hard our team members go to bat for you.