Are you or someone you love being charged with a gun crime? If so, our criminal defense team can help you avoid a long period of incarceration and substantial financial fines. Our team can also help ensure your rights are never violated, make sure the state presents its case against you within the allotted time, and identify any incident or arrest-related factors that may aid in your defense.
If you are facing criminal charges and possible conviction for a firearms-related incident, our Montgomery County, PA, gun crime lawyer can help you fight for your future. Our team at McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., will help you mitigate the negative consequences of your arrest, negotiate a plea bargain or fight for reduced charges, and minimize the damage to your personal and professional future.
Our Lawyers Handle Every Aspect of Your Gun Crimes Case
The aftermath of an arrest for a gun crime can be scary and stressful. Without a lawyer on your side, it can be challenging to know what to expect or what to do next. Our team knows how quickly gun crime charges can escalate and how overwhelming they can be. When we handle your defense, we will:
- Investigate every aspect of the case from start to finish
- Negotiate reduced charges with lower penalties and fines
- Explain Pennsylvania firearms laws and their impact on your case
- Organize and submit supporting evidence on your behalf
Our team will work hard to build a strong defense on your behalf and ensure your rights are never violated. If our investigation uncovers any violations of your rights at any point in the process, we identify ways to leverage that information in your defense. In short, we leave no stone unturned and never stop fighting for you.
What You Can Expect When Our Defense Team Is on Your Side
Our team believes in open communication and informed representation. Once we mutually agree to work together, we make sure you can contact one of our team members any time with any questions or concerns. Your lawyer will be accessible to you via:
- Social media
Our team works hard to ensure you understand every step of the legal process. We listen to the story of your arrest and glean any details that help us build your defense. We also examine the evidence against you and how it was collected to ensure its validity or to have it dismissed.
Our team members also ask relevant questions and explain the details of your defense based on the type of gun charges you face. From misdemeanors to felonies, we zealously defend you and fight to get you home as soon as possible.
Pennsylvania Gun Crime Laws
When you are up against gun-related charges in Montgomery County, PA – with the penalties and fines they carry – our gun crime lawyer at McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., can help alleviate the stress and confusion of your arrest. When we represent you, we explain the law, its complexities, and its impact on your life. The following are firearm laws that may impact you:
- 18 Pa. C.S.A. § 6106 describes the misdemeanor and felony penalties for carrying an unlicensed firearm.
- 18 Pa. C.S.A. § 6108 describes your right to carry certain firearms in public with a valid license.
- 18 Pa. C.S.A. § 6105 defines who cannot lawfully own, use, manufacture, or sell guns.
In addition to the ones listed above, there are many state laws that could impact your case. Our team works hard to make the applicable laws work for you or prove that your actions did not violate the law as alleged.
Our Team Can Help If You are Facing Gun Crime Charges
Criminal charges related to guns can vary greatly. Our team is here to represent you, whether you are charged with illegal sale, unlawful possession, or other gun-related crimes. We work hard to build a defense for you if you are facing any of the following charges:
- Gun theft
- Unlawful use of a firearm
- Concealed carry without a license
- Unregistered possession of a firearm
We also defend you against any alleged crimes that involve carrying or brandishing a firearm. No gun crime is too big or too small for our team to defend.
We Have Helped Previous Criminal Defense Clients in Montgomery, PA, Get a Fresh Start
Criminal conviction on any charges can lead to incarceration or imprisonment, which can rob you of your freedom. This loss will also affect your friends and family, so we fight hard to avoid the harshest penalties. On our reviews page, past clients we have represented share the following:
- “My experience with David was nothing but exceptional…David laid out what I should expect [from] both best- and worst-case scenarios…David made himself available…for any and all questions I had, whether it was via text, call, or email…I highly recommend David as an attorney [who] will get the job done.” – Joshua
- “An excellent lawyer who knows the law and knows how to protect his clients and ensure the best possible outcome. He thinks outside the box and knows how to fix problems when someone’s facing a criminal action in Pennsylvania. Sharp guy, give him a call and you’ll be glad you did.” – G. Randolph Rice, Jr.
- “David McKenzie is one of the top criminal defense lawyers in the Philadelphia region. I have known David for nearly 20 years and can personally attest to his professionalism and unmatched work ethic…Prospective clients would be well-served having David as their counsel.” – Sean Quinn
When our firm represents you, we make sure to use every piece of evidence, along with your own recollections and any prosecution errors, to fight for you. We also accompany you to any hearings, negotiations, or court appearances to ensure you have the representation and personalized attention you deserve.
Review Your Gun Crime Case with One of Our Team Members Today
Find out how hard our gun crime lawyer and criminal defense team fight for your freedom and future. You can reach one of our McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., team members representing clients in Montgomery County, PA, by calling (610) 991-7219 today.