If you or a loved one was recently arrested, our criminal defense team at McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., can help you navigate the state’s criminal justice system successfully. Time is of the essence in understanding the charges you face and the possible penalties you might incur. We also make sure the state acts within the allotted timeline to charge and try your case or fight to have your criminal charges dismissed.
Our criminal defense lawyer in Southampton, PA, can help you build a defense that minimizes the penalty phase of your criminal case. We look for opportunities and facts that help us build your defense. Whether we represent you at trial or resolve your case with a beneficial plea arrangement, we do everything we can to preserve your personal and professional life and your good standing in your community.
Understanding Criminal Charges and Sentencing Guidelines in Pennsylvania
A criminal conviction can force you to change your lifestyle or forfeit your freedom. It can also mean you limit your career and education choices, eligibility for government assistance, and your ability to vote.
- 204 Pa. Code § 303.15 lists Pennsylvania’s criminal offenses
- 204 Pa. C.S. § 303.1 describes Pennsylvania’s sentencing guidelines
Depending on the nature of the crime you are charged with, the presence or absence of remorse can affect your sentencing. In addition, your criminal penalty can depend on:
- The strength of the state’s evidence against you
- The severity of the crime and your criminal history
Our criminal defense team will explain the state’s position, your position, and the most likely outcome of your case. We will also explain how we go to bat for you and develop a defense plan that limits the disruption to your life.
Criminal Arrest and Conviction Put Your Future in Jeopardy
Getting arrested can be immediately scary and stressful. It can also lead to long-term stress and anxiety while you wait for the final resolution of your criminal case. We work hard to ensure you receive fair treatment from the court and the best defense we can provide when we represent you. When plea bargaining is part of your defense plan, you avoid:
- Lengthy periods of confinement
- The uncertainty and expense of a trial
- The state’s highest criminal charges
- The state’s harshest criminal penalties
You can help us build your defense by letting us know when and where you were arrested to help identify the probable cause or prove it did not exist. You should also inform our team if anyone was present at the time of the alleged crime or your arrest because their statement may also help prove a lack of probable cause or mistaken identity. We conduct a thorough investigation into every aspect of your criminal case.
We Help Protect Your Good Name
Your future is worth fighting for, and if you have been charged with a crime in Southampton, our team will fight by your side. We defend clients charged with the following types of criminal offenses:
- Theft crimes including theft by deception, extortion, and theft of services
- DUI-related crimes including various BAC levels and having an open container of alcohol in your vehicle
- Federal crimes including bank fraud, weapons charges, and corporate crimes
- Drug crimes including possession, trafficking, manufacturing, and possession
- White-collar crimes including credit card fraud, embezzlement, and identify theft
Whatever criminal charges you are up against, we will study the state’s case and accumulated evidence. In addition, we will locate, interview, and depose witnesses to look for mistakes made during your arrest. In short, we never stop fighting for you.
Benefits of Working with Our Criminal Defense Attorney
Fighting criminal charges in Southampton, fighting for your future, and preserving your reputation can be all-consuming tasks when you tackle them alone. When you retain our criminal defense attorney to manage your case, you get the following advantages:
- Understanding of the criminal law system
- Development of a solid defense plan
- Judgment-free legal and emotional support
- Handling of all legal forms and filings
We also identify any weaknesses in the state’s case against you, and you benefit from plea agreements we arrange for you. At McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., we start building your case by listening to the details of your arrest. We use this leverage to negotiate lighter sentences and lowered or dismissed charges if we find any rights violations.
See Why Criminal Defendants Come to Us for Help
When your future is at stake, you want a legal team you can depend on to go to battle for you. Our criminal defense attorney gives every client we serve the individualized care and attention they need. Previous clients say:
- “Excellence in EVERY sense of the word! From the initial consultation to the hearings and conclusion of the case, David McKenzie kept me extremely informed, aware of all possible outcomes…and ultimately resolved my case with the best possible outcome, in my favor! Hands down, he is the absolute BEST!” – Teresa Gibbs
- “I was referred to David by a friend…He represented my son in a criminal case and the outcome was far better than we ever expected. He is kind, considerate and very compassionate. If you ever need a lawyer, please do yourself a favor and contact David. He is truly amazing.” – Debbie
- “An excellent lawyer who knows the law and knows how to protect his clients and ensure the best possible outcome. He thinks outside the box and knows how to fix problems when someone’s facing a criminal action…Sharp guy, give him a call and you’ll be glad you did.” – G. Randolph Rice, Jr.
Like these satisfied clients, you also get ongoing access to your attorney once you sign a representation agreement. That means you can always contact our team by email, text, phone, social media, and more.
Our Firm Provides Criminally Charged Defendants with a Free Case Evaluation
If you or someone you love faces criminal charges and possible conviction in Southampton, a criminal defense lawyer can help you exercise your rights after an arrest and fight for a favorable outcome. Learn more today by contacting McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. at (610) 991-7219 today.