Drug charges carry serious potential consequences. You not only face time in jail and hefty financial penalties, but you also face a social stigma that will follow you around and negatively impact your life. If you face drug charges, having an East Norriton drug crimes lawyer on your side can make a difference in the outcome of your case.
An East Norriton criminal defense lawyer from McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. can protect your rights and devise a defense strategy to challenge the prosecution’s case against you. Our law firm may be able to secure a dismissal or reduction of the charges, help you stay out of jail, and repair your reputation.
What a Drug Crimes Lawyer Can Do to Fight for You in East Norriton
Whether you face charges for possessing, manufacturing, or distributing drugs, your future is at stake. You could lose your freedom, your job, your relationships and community ties, and suffer a financial setback if the court convicts you. Plus, you will have a criminal record that follows you around for the rest of your life.
It’s certainly a grim outlook, but a criminal defense lawyer from our firm understands how the prosecution works, and we will use our knowledge to build a defense on your behalf to challenge the prosecution’s case against you.
Our work for you goes beyond building a defense strategy. If you obtain legal representation from our firm, we will:
- Investigate the charges against you: We want to learn the circumstances of the charges against you and discover the facts of the case.
- Gather evidence for your defense: We will work to collect evidence to counter the prosecution’s case, which includes physical evidence and witness testimony.
- File a bail motion: If the police arrest you and detain you in a holding cell, we will file a motion for low or no bail to secure your release so you can wait for your court date at home. This also allows you to play a more active role in your defense.
- Protect your rights: Protecting your rights is a top priority. If the police or the prosecution violated your rights, it can have an impact on your case. Perhaps the police did not have probable cause to search you or did not serve a warrant correctly.
- Build a robust defense: Our job is to build a defense that challenges the prosecution with the goal of securing a dismissal or reduction of the charges. We are also not afraid to present your defense to a jury if your case goes to trial.
- Negotiate a plea deal: At some point, the prosecution may offer a plea deal and we will negotiate on your behalf. The goal is to keep you out of jail. You have the ability to accept or reject any offer.
- Mitigate potential non-legal damage: We will work to mitigate or prevent potential damage outside of court, including reputational damage and risks to your professional license and job.
- Provide frequent communication and updates: We will regularly update you about your case and communicate with you.
- Prepare you to appear in court: We will adequately prepare you for court so you can make a positive first impression on the judge and the jury.
You are innocent until proven guilty, placing the burden of proof on the prosecution. The prosecution will work to convict you and may recommend a tough sentence, but a drug crimes lawyer from our firm will work to counter their case and demonstrate that the court should reduce or dismiss the charges.
Your Criminal Defense Attorney Will Build a Defense Strategy for Your East Norriton Drug Crime Case
Providing an aggressive defense is imperative when facing drug charges that have the potential to ruin your life. To that end, our criminal defense attorney can offer several types of defenses that may apply to your particular case.
- We can argue that the drugs were not yours, but someone else’s.
- We can argue that your case is one of mistaken identity.
- We can argue that you’re a victim of entrapment.
- We can argue that there was a violation of your rights.
- We can argue that the chain of evidence is tainted.
- We can argue that the police did not follow proper legal procedures.
- We can argue that you have a marijuana exception, such as a medical exception.
- We can argue that the substance is not a controlled substance.
Collecting evidence and witness statements to present in court is key to supporting any argument we make in your defense. Our team will work with you to develop an appropriate strategy, so you are in the loop every step of the way.
Our Drug Crimes Lawyer Can Help You Understand Penalties You Face in East Norriton
The Department of Justice (DOJ) classifies substances into schedules based on the potential for abuse. For example, heroin is a Schedule I substance while fentanyl is a Schedule II substance.
Depending on the classification of the substance, and the nature of the charges against you, such as a felony or misdemeanor charge, or state or federal charges, you could face up to 15 years in prison and a maximum $25,000 fine.
A drug crimes attorney from McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. routinely handles these kinds of criminal defense cases and more in Montgomery County. We’re ready to serve as your legal representation and help you avoid the harsh penalties associated with drug crimes.
See How Our Drug Crimes Attorney Can Help You in East Norriton Today
You have the right to have an attorney represent you in court. An attorney from our firm has unique insight into how the prosecution handles criminal cases, including those involving drugs.
We will work to keep you out of jail and build a defense strategy to demonstrate that the prosecution has a weak case against you that should not go to trial. If you face drug crime charges, a lawyer from McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. is ready to talk to you about how we can help with your legal issues.
To begin with a confidential consultation, please contact our drug crimes law firm in East Norriton and begin the process of building your legal defense today.