The state of Pennsylvania takes gun crimes seriously and the penalties for a gun crime conviction can be significant. If you or a loved one were arrested for allegedly committing a crime involving a firearm, it is important to understand your rights and options.
Our Upper Darby, PA, gun crime lawyer can protect your rights and help you defend yourself against the charges. You do not have to face this situation alone. Our criminal defense lawyer is here to provide advice and create a strategic plan of action to pursue the best possible outcome in your case.
Have an Upper Darby, PA, Gun Crime Lawyer on Your Side
The criminal penalties associated with gun crimes vary, but many gun crimes are punishable by steep fines and imprisonment. For example, 18 Pa. C.S.A. § 6106 states that carrying a gun without a license is a felony of the third degree. If you are convicted of this offense, you could be sentenced to a maximum of seven years in prison and a $15,000 fine.
18 Pa. C.S.A. § 3903 states that a conviction for firearm theft is punishable by up to $25,000 in fines and as much as 10 years in prison. As you can see, the penalties for gun-related crimes are harsh, and a conviction has the potential to radically alter your life.
Understandably, being arrested and charged with a firearm-related offense can be frightening. You may not know what to expect next or how to handle the situation. The team at McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. understand what you are going through. Our Upper Darby, PA, Gun Crime Lawyer has the legal experience and skills needed to represent individuals accused of gun crimes and ensure their rights are not violated.
How Our Attorney Can Help You If You Are Facing Firearm Charges
Criminal defendants have a constitutional right to consult with an attorney. The Upper Darby, PA, gun crime lawyer at McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. can provide tenacious legal advocacy and representation as you fight for your freedom.
Our gun crime criminal defense lawyer can:
- Help you understand the charges levied against you and how best to proceed
- Investigate the circumstances surrounding your case and identify any mitigating factors
- Work to negotiate a favorable plea deal or dismissal of charges
- Challenge any evidence that the prosecution may be relying on to prove guilt
- Provide legal advice, support, and guidance throughout each step of the criminal process
Whether you are facing charges for unlawful use of a firearm, firearm theft, unregistered possession of a firearm, or concealed carry without a license, we are here for you.
Defense Strategies for People Charged with Gun Crimes
To convict someone of a gun crime, the prosecution must prove the offender’s guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Our lawyers can:
- Self-defense – If you can show that your actions were necessary to protect yourself from an immediate threat of harm, your lawyer may be able to argue for reduced charges or even a dismissal of the case.
- Unlawful search and seizure – If the police violated your constitutional rights in the course of their investigation, our lawyer may be able to have evidence excluded from the trial.
- Lack of probable cause – If the police arrested you without probable cause, our lawyer may be able to get your charges dismissed.
- Mistaken identity – If the police arrested you based on mistaken identity, our attorney can work to prove your innocence and get the charges dropped.
- Alibi – If you can prove that you were somewhere else at the time of the alleged offense, this may be a valid defense against criminal charges.
- Unreliable witnesses – If the prosecution’s witnesses are not credible or their testimonies do not match up to other evidence in the case, our lawyer can use this to your advantage.
- Insufficient evidence – It is possible for the prosecution to lack sufficient evidence to prove you guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Our lawyer can use this as a defense against your charges.
No matter what type of gun crime charge you may be facing, McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. is here to help. We understand that being accused of a crime can be incredibly stressful, and our Upper Darby firearm charge defense attorney is always available to answer your questions and address your concerns. Let us help you fight for a favorable outcome in your case.
An Upper Darby, PA, Gun Crime Lawyer Who Is Accessible and Available
At McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., we understand how important it is to have a lawyer you can trust to prioritize your needs and provide the legal guidance you need. When you work with our Upper Darby, PA, gun crime lawyer, you can rest assured that you are not just another client. Our team believes that open communication is key to a successful lawyer-client relationship.
Once you have signed on with us as a client, our attorney will be available to you through email, text, phone, and even social media. You will not have to worry about ignored phone calls and messages when you work with McKenzie Law Firm, P.C.
Call McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. to Learn How Our Upper Darby, PA Gun Crime Lawyer Can Help You
If you or a loved one were arrested for an alleged gun crime, it is crucial that you understand your rights and options. Do not wait to get the legal help you need and deserve.
Contact McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. to set up a confidential consultation with our Upper Darby gun crime lawyer. We will answer your questions, explain your rights and options, and provide knowledgeable advice regarding how best to proceed in your case. Let us fight for the best possible outcome in your case. Call our office today to find out how we can help you.