If you or someone you love was arrested and is facing possible trial and conviction, our criminal defense team can support you in and out of court. We help you develop a defense strategy, negotiate lowered charges and less severe consequences, and give you a chance to start over. When you are ready to fight back, our team provides attentive and responsive support throughout the legal process.
Our criminal defense lawyer serving Doylestown, PA, will help you compile and organize evidence in your defense. We will also accompany you to any police interviews or interrogations and present the evidence we collect on your behalf in any court hearings or at trial, if necessary. When you are ready to build your defense against criminal charges, our criminal defense team at McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., is ready to fight by your side.
Working with Our Defense Team has Distinct Advantages
Most courts will allow you to defend yourself against criminal charges. However, understanding and applying the law to your case in your own defense can be difficult without help. When you trust your pending criminal case to our legal team instead, we bring familiarity with the law to your defense. When you work with our firm, we build your defense by:
- Locating and interviewing witnesses who support your defense
- Negotiating plea bargains, lowered charges, and lighter sentences
- Investigating your arrest to identify probable cause or the lack thereof
- Locating and consulting with expert witnesses who support your defense
- Ensuring the State of Pennsylvania acts within its own statute of limitations
Our criminal defense team will also make sure police did not violate your rights, hinder your ability to contact a lawyer, or otherwise impede your defense. We advise you on your rights and remind you not to speak to anyone about the details of your case or your possible defense. We effectively handle every detail of the case from start to finish so you can focus on rebuilding your life.
See How Hard We Fought for Previous Criminal Defense Clients
Every client we represent trusts us with their present and their future. We take that trust seriously and work hard to earn it. We make sure you do not face an uncertain future alone. When they talk about our service and support, previous clients we have defended in the past say:
- “Excellence in EVERY sense of the word! From the initial consultation to the hearings and conclusion of the case, David McKenzie kept me extremely informed, aware of all possible outcomes and plays, and ultimately resolved my case with the best possible outcome in my favor!” – Teresa Gibbs
- “I would recommend McKenzie Law Firm to all and any DUI and criminal cases in Pennsylvania. Working for a law firm in San Diego, CA, I can rest assured that our client’s friends and family in the Pennsylvania area are in good hands with Mr. McKenzie.” – Cassandra Michel
- “I was referred to David by a friend who had used him previously. He represented my son in a criminal case and the outcome was far better than we ever expected. He is kind, considerate, and very compassionate. He went above and beyond anything that I ever expected from an attorney.” – Debbie
When you are ready to fight back against the criminal allegations you face, our team is ready to help. We work hard to develop a defense strategy that builds a strong case for you and mitigates the potential harm of a criminal conviction.
Criminal Conviction Can Lead to Considerable Penalties and Fines
When our criminal defense team agrees to handle your defense, we start by listening to your version of the events leading up to your arrest. We carefully note any details that may help your defense and conduct a thorough investigation into your alleged actions. As we review the details, we also make sure you understand specific state laws that affect your case, including:
- PA. C.S. § 303.1 and PA. C.S. § 303.2 – ennsylvania’s sentencing guidelines
- PA. C.S. § 590 – Pennsylvania’s pleas and plea agreements guidelines
- PA. C.S. § 923 – Classification of misdemeanors and their potential penalties
- PA. C.S. § 106 – Classification of felonies and their potential penalties
Because the number of previous arrests and convictions on your record and the state’s charges against you all play a role in any penalties or fines you face, our criminal defense lawyer will explain the specific punishment you might face. Our McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., team representing criminal defendants in Doylestown, PA, will also explain how hard we fight to limit the possible penalties and let you get on with your life.
How does Your Team Defend Me Against Criminal Charges?
Our client support team understands the sensitive and personal nature of fighting criminal charges. We also understand how trying it can be to face possible incarceration or imprisonment. Not only can arrest and subsequent conviction damage your standing in your community, but it can also damage your personal, professional, and social life. When our criminal defense team represents you, we make sure:
- You were read your Miranda warning rights in a language you understood.
- You were not questioned or interviewed without having a lawyer by your side.
- We request all documents, witness statements, and evidence against you.
- We consult with the prosecution team for the possibility of a plea or dismissal.
We work hard to prove your innocence and mitigate the charges against you to help avoid the state’s harshest penalties. We never stop fighting for you and make sure you stay informed every step of the way. In addition, when we represent you, our team is never out of your reach. Clients who sign representation agreements with our firm also have access to their lawyer via text, email, phone, and social media channels.
Let Our Criminal Defense Team Review Your Case for Free
If you or someone you love needs guidance and support while navigating the criminal justice system in Doylestown, PA, our defense lawyer can help you build a solid defense and get your life back on track. Find out how by calling one of our McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., team members at (610) 991-7219 today.