Even if you are charged with a crime, there might be a way to avoid jail time. Certain criminal offenses allow you to qualify for your county’s Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition (ARD) program. Generally, first-time offenders charged with a non-violent crime are eligible to apply for the ARD program. McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. can help you understand whether you qualify.
When you partner with McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., our King of Prussia criminal defense lawyer can explain all your legal options. Even if you weren’t accepted to the ARD program, we may be able to help you ask the district attorney to reconsider the denial or help you build a defense. Reach out to us today to learn more during a free initial consultation.
What Our ARD Attorney Will Do for Your Case in King of Prussia, PA
If you decide to retain our legal services, we will do everything we can to make your case less overwhelming. You can trust our criminal defense law firm to:
- Inform you of any laws that apply to your case
- Represent you throughout your case
- Explain each step in the legal process so you know what to expect
- Fight to keep your criminal record clean
- Collect evidence on your behalf
- Explain your legal options and help you determine which is the most ideal to pursue
- Walk you through the steps of the ARD application process
By hiring our criminal defense attorney, you have an advocate on your side who is looking out for your best interests.
Benefits of Partnering With Our King of Prussia Legal Team
Our former clients decided to work with our firm because:
- We are accessible. Once you hire us, you can reach your lawyer through text, phone, email, social media, or any other platform that is convenient to you.
- We’re open 24/7. Regardless of when your arrest happens, you can contact us and speak with a member of our team.
- We provide confidential consultations free of charge.
- David McKenzie is a former criminal prosecutor, which gives him a range of legal knowledge and experience.
Our team knows how to build solid defense strategies for our clients. We’re ready to get to work for you.
Former Clients Leave 5-Star Reviews
When they decided to work with our firm, former clients left reviews like the following:
- “David was a great help. Always returned a prompt reply to questions. Very knowledgeable lawyer. Makes you feel at ease. Highly recommend.” – Jim Mead
- “Very professional. Helped my roommate get an expungement and kept us up to date every step of the way and went above and beyond for us. Prices were more than reasonable on the expungement. David explained everything even in a way us non-lawyer types could understand, his office was clean, and he’s a very down-to-earth kind of guy. Would highly recommend.” – Ed Spause
Read more from our satisfied clients on our testimonials webpage.
What Is the ARD Program?
The ARD program is a way for criminal defendants to get a fresh start and rehabilitation rather than spend time in jail. Successful completion of the program could allow you to have your record expunged. Depending on the crime you were accused of, the ARD program may also allow you to keep some or all of your driving privileges.
Qualifying for the ARD Program in King of Prussia
The ARD program is meant to help certain non-violent criminal offenders stay out of jail and avoid some of the other penalties associated with their crimes. However, only certain defendants will qualify for the program.
To be accepted into the ARD program, you must:
- Have committed a qualifying crime, which may include shoplifting, minor drug charges, or driving under the influence (DUI)
- Have no other crimes on your criminal record
- Have never been accepted to the ARD program before
- Complete the ARD application
- Attend a preliminary hearing with your county’s District Attorney (DA)
- Waive your right to a formal arraignment
If there is any evidence that your crime was violent and ended in another person’s injury, you likely will not be accepted into the ARD program. Our team can help you with your application to ensure all your information is accurate.
ARD Program Requirements
You must successfully complete the ARD program to qualify for expungement. While the requirements may vary depending on your circumstances, you are generally required to:
- Comply with routine drug and alcohol testing
- Complete the required number of community service hours
- Report to your community service supervisor
- Take safe driving or drug and alcohol courses
You may also be assigned a probation officer to whom you will be expected to report. Though the ARD program doesn’t necessarily mean you walk away without consequence if you’re charged with a crime, we often advise defendants to consider this option if they qualify for the program.
Work With an ARD Program Attorney at McKenzie Law Firm, P.C.
We know applying for the ARD program can be confusing and overwhelming. Since this is your first offense, the legal process may feel intimidating. Our team is here to advocate for your best interests and help you avoid having your criminal charges follow you for the rest of your life.
Our lawyers in King of Prussia take an individualized approach to each case we handle, and we’re ready to work with you. Connect with McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. today to learn more about how our team can help you. We offer a free initial consultation when you call us today.