When the state of Pennsylvania prosecutes gun crime cases, it imposes costly fines and lengthy sentences. If you or someone you love was arrested on gun-related criminal charges, our gun crimes attorney in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, can help you build a strong defense. We look for errors in the prosecution’s case, examine their evidence, and interview witnesses for and against you.
At McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., our familiarity with gun charges and relevant state laws means we can carefully monitor the prosecution’s case and weigh their evidence when considering your defense. We can get started right away when you call for a free consultation.
Penalties for Gun Crimes Violations in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania is serious in its attempts to curb gun violence and gun-based crimes. It implements penalties and fines in an effort to discourage repeat offenses, limit illegal gun possession, and encourage responsible and legal gun ownership. According to 30 Pa. C.S.A. § 923, you could face the following criminal penalties:
- Conviction on a first-degree misdemeanor: fines between $1,500 and $10,000 or imprisonment for up to five years, or both
- Conviction on a second-degree misdemeanor: fines between $500 and $5,000 or imprisonment for up to two years or both
- Conviction on a third-degree misdemeanor: fines between $250 and $5,000 or imprisonment for up to 90 days, or both
- Felony conviction: fines of up to $25,000, imprisonment for up to ten years, or both
You do not have to accept these penalties without attempting to fight for sentence reductions and smaller fines. Our team helps arrange plea bargains that could limit the punishment phase of conviction.
The Life-Changing Impact of Gun Crime Conviction
While gun crimes can lead to serious penalties. Even an arrest without conviction can mean you experience a loss of employment and reputation. However, conviction can have additional costs, including:
- The potential loss of voting rights, according to Pennsylvania Department of State (DOS) guidelines
- Ineligibility for government student loans, according to Federal Student Aid (FSA) guidelines
You could also face long-term damage to future background checks. Since many landlords, employers, and professional licensing agencies implement background checks, a blemish on your record could impede your housing, employment, and career options.
Benefits of Hiring Our Gun Crimes Attorney in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
If you or someone you love was recently arrested for gun crimes, a criminal defense lawyer from McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., can fight to dismiss, reduce, or acquit you of your charges. Our goal is to help you get the best possible result based on the circumstances using evidence and witness statements. As such, our team could:
- Negotiate a plea bargain that minimizes the penalty phase of your case
- Create a credible defense strategy on your behalf
- Prove you were not read your rights in full or in a language you understood
- Prove the police had no right or warrant to search you or your property
Our representation process is also straightforward and frank. Discovery rules give us access to the evidence the state has against you. As such, we make sure you are aware of the extent of the state’s case, the value of their evidence, and the severity of possible sentences.
We Could Use Police and Prosecution Errors in Your Defense
Sometimes, the police, investigators, or prosecutors can make mistakes that work in your favor. Errors, mistakes, and omissions our team looks for include:
- Failure to inform you of your Miranda rights
- Questioning you outside your lawyer’s presence
- Arresting you without probable cause
- Failure to obtain a search warrant
- Failure to handle your case within the statute of limitations
When our gun charge attorney in King of Prussia handles your defense, we never stop looking for ways to help you fight the charges against you. We also use any identifiable police or prosecution errors to have your charges reduced or dismissed.
Consider These Client Reviews and Referrals
Recommendations from previous clients can give you confidence in our ability to handle your case. When they talk about working with our law firm, previous clients say:
- “David helped me through a tough time and delivered on everything discussed. Amazing service and kindness. Would recommend.” – Matt Wagner
- “100% recommend, David makes the process as painless as possible. He makes himself available at all times and puts you at ease.” – Alyssa Davies
- “McKenzie Law Firm was available for all our questions. Reassured us during our hearing. Was a true advocate for us. Would recommend him to everyone.” – Dana Clemons
Read more about what our previous clients say about our outstanding client service team on our reviews and testimonials page.
Our Team Is Available When You Need Us
An arrest and pending trial can be stressful, even without the added pressure of defending yourself against gun crime charges. When you hire us to represent you, we do not want to add the worry of uncertainty. Instead, we provide you with ongoing updates on the progress of your case and make sure your lawyer is accessible by phone, email, text, and social media.
Our gun charge attorney in King of Prussia does not build a defense around you. Instead, we share our plans, making sure you are involved, understand your options, and feel equipped to make solid choices and decisions. We are also honest and upfront about your charges and the consequences conviction can have on your social, personal, and professional life.We advise you every step of the way.
We’ll Review Your Gun Crimes Case for Free
If you or someone you love was recently arrested for gun crimes in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, our criminal defense lawyer can take steps to protect you from conviction. Find out how hard our gun crimes attorney will fight for your future by calling one of our McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., at (610) 991-7219 now for a free case review.