Are you facing drug charges in Newtown, PA? If so, our Newtown drug crimes lawyer can help. Our criminal defense lawyer provides dedicated legal counsel and advocacy for individuals facing charges for criminal offenses.
A conviction for a drug crime, such as drug possession or drug manufacturing, can lead to heavy fines and long jail sentences. At McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., we believe everyone deserves their day in court to prove their case. Our team wants to help you fight the charges and protect your rights.
Benefits of Working with Our Newtown Drug Crimes Lawyer
A drug crime conviction can dramatically affect your life. You may face serious jail time, massive fines, and a permanent criminal record. Attorney David McKenzie can protect your rights and represent you during criminal proceedings. He may even be able to get your charges dropped, or the case dismissed, depending on the circumstances.
Our Newtown drug crimes lawyer can handle cases involving:
- Drug possession
- Possession with intent to deliver
- Possession of prescription pain pills
- Drug distribution, manufacturing, or trafficking
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Heroin and fentanyl
- Other cases involving controlled substances
We Can Develop a Powerful Defense Strategy and Fight for You
The defense strategy best for your case will depend on the nature of the charges, the evidence against you, and the evidence in your favor. Our criminal defense attorney serving Bucks County could use the following strategies in your case:
- Illegal search and seizure: Police cannot search somebody’s property without a valid reason. The Fourth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution protects you from unreasonable search and seizure, as the United States Courts explain. Usually, law enforcement needs a search warrant to search a person’s home for drugs. If the police did not have probable cause or a valid search warrant, the evidence they discovered may be inadmissible in court, and your charges could be dropped.
- Mistaken identity: Sometimes, the police or the prosecution make errors. We may be able to present evidence or witness statements that prove you were not involved in drug-related activities.
- Valid medical reason: Some drugs are legal if a physician prescribes them but are illegal if you do not have a legitimate prescription. If you were accused of illegally possessing pain medication, for example, we may be able to demonstrate you had a legitimate medical reason for having the medication.
- Lack of knowledge or intent: You may not have intended to possess or distribute drugs. For example, if you borrow a backpack from a friend and it contains drugs in a side pocket, you may not have even known you were carrying the substances. Our firm is committed to presenting the strongest defense possible.
You Can Count on Attorney David McKenzie
When you choose McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. as your criminal defense law firm, you are not just another case; you matter personally to us. Attorney McKenzie will listen to your concerns, take your needs seriously, and treat you with the respect you deserve. We take a compassionate, nonjudgmental approach to criminal defense.
Once you become a client, you can access Attorney McKenzie through text messages, phone calls, email, or social media. You will always be able to get in touch with him.
We Can Advocate for a Favorable Plea Deal
A plea deal is an agreement between a criminal defendant and the prosecution. The criminal defendant agrees to plead guilty to an offense, and in exchange, the defendant gets some of the charges dropped or receives a less severe punishment.
For example, if you were charged with a felony drug crime, the prosecution may offer a deal where you plead guilty to a misdemeanor drug crime and only face probation instead of actual incarceration. We could negotiate the best outcome for your case.
You May Qualify for the Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition Program
The Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition (ARD) program allows first-time offenders to avoid jail time and other criminal penalties. According to the Bucks County District Attorney’s Office, if you complete an ARD program, you can get your record cleared so your charges do not show up on a background check.
Our firm can help you determine whether you qualify for the program. If you qualify, our attorney can help you complete the application and ask the prosecutor to accept you into the program.
Our Client Testimonials Show How Well We Treat Our Clients
One of the best ways to choose a criminal defense lawyer is to look at reviews and testimonials from previous clients. Our clients frequently comment on how well Attorney David McKenzie treated them. He cares about each client and is available when they need him.
I was referred to David by a friend that called him “the best in the business”. He represented me in a criminal drug offense case and managed to arrange the best case scenario plea bargain. He is an absolute professional who always kept me informed and very prompt in response. Would recommend to anyone!
David McKenzie was great. He helped me through everything. He not only walked me through my whole case and helped my overall sentence, but he made me comfortable and not as nervous and afraid about the whole process. I am thankful that I had him as a lawyer and as a helping hand.
David Craig McKenzie III is a professional lawyer who sincerely cares about his clients. David Mckenzie will go above and beyond to provide you with excellent service.
Call Newtown Drug Crimes Lawyer David McKenzie for Legal Representation
If you or a loved one is facing charges in Newtown, PA, for drug possession, drug distribution, drug manufacturing, or another drug crime, we are ready to review your next steps with you.
Our Newtown criminal defense lawyer can protect your rights as your legal representative and advocate for your future as they build your defense and seek the best results for you. Call McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., today and set up an initial consultation to learn more and discuss your needs.