If you or someone you love was arrested for drug crimes in Norristown, our team can build your defense. We will review the circumstances of your arrest, acknowledge any violations of your rights, and review the evidence and witnesses the state has against you. We also look for violations of your civil rights, like an arrest without probable cause.
At McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., our criminal defense attorney for drug charges will help you navigate the criminal justice system in Norristown. Our familiarity with state and local criminal defense law means we understand how to build your defense strategy, negotiate advantageous plea deals, protect your good name, and preserve your future. With our guidance and direction, you can avoid the stress and aggravation of fighting back against drug-related charges on your own.
Our Team will Thoroughly Investigate Your Drug Charges
When our law firm represents criminal clients, we have the right to view the state’s potentially incriminating evidence. The prosecution must give our defense team access to:
- Favorable material evidence
- Potentially damaging evidence
- Relevant witness testimony
- Criminal history
- Photographic or fingerprint evidence
We must also have the opportunity to examine and review any photo, voice, or eyewitness identification of your involvement, as well as any test results or transcripts.
There Must Be Probable Cause for Your Arrest
The police must have probable cause to arrest you or search you, your home, or your vehicle. When our team represents you, we start by listening to your version of events and the details of the arrest. As we listen, our team looks for information that can help us in your defense, such as:
- A lack of probable cause that can help us in your defense
- The absence of a search warrant
- Evidence the police searched an area not identified in their warrant
Your Rights Must be Respected
At the time of your arrest, officers must read you your rights in full and in a language you understand. These rights include the right to:
- Remain silent
- Be informed that anything you say can be used against you
- Hire an attorney
- Have an attorney appointed to you
If law enforcement does not read your rights or questions you without the presence of your Norristown drug crimes lawyer, let a member of our team know immediately. We could use this information to have the charges dropped.
You Are Entitled to a Timely Criminal Trial
55 Pa. C.S.A. § 5502 describes the state’s responsibility to handle your case in a timely manner. It also describes the parameters of your case’s timeline.
The sixth amendment to the U.S. Constitution also supports your rights to a speedy trial. When our team represents you, our attorney for drug charges in Norristown will look at every aspect of your case that could give us leverage to have your charges dismissed.
Drug Crime Penalties in Norristown
If you are or a loved one is arrested in Norristown, the possible penalties of drug crime conviction will vary based on several factors. Here are possible sentences you might face:
- Simple possession is punishable by up to three years of confinement and up to $25,000 in criminal fines, according to 35 PA. Stat. § 780-113
- Distribution, manufacturing, and possession are punishable by up to 20 years imprisonment, according to 21 USC § 841(a)(1)
These are only examples of criminal fines and sentences. Our defense lawyer will explain the specific penalties you face in your case. We also make sure you understand how a conviction will affect every area of your life.
Factors That Impact Criminal Penalties
Many elements can affect your conviction, including sentencing guidelines and the discretion of the judge. Additional factors include:
- The type of drugs
- The amount of drugs
- Your criminal history
- Your intent
We go over these details with you to make sure you are aware of their impact and the toll conviction can take on you and your family.
We Can Handle Your Criminal Defense in Norristown
Facing conviction for drug crimes on your own can be stressful and intimidating. When our team is on your side, you are never alone in your fight for justice. For example, our criminal defense attorney for drug charges will:
- Conduct an independent investigation
- Identify any Miranda Warning violations
- Request reasonable bail amounts
- Identify potential plea bargains
- Represent you during your trial
Our team at McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., is also accessible whenever you need us. After signing a representation agreement, we make sure you can contact one of our team members by phone, email, text message, or even through our social media channels at any time.
Reviews from Previous Criminal Defense Clients
On our client reviews page, you can read about our compassionate, professional service and the results we have secured for past clients. They say:
- “He explained everything step by step. He helped me to get the lowest sentence possible. He also was able to get some of the charges dropped.” – Janice Munday
- “Very professional…David explained everything even in a way us non-lawyer types could understand…and he’s a very down-to-earth kind of guy. Would highly recommend.” – Ed Spause
- “David was a great help. Always returned a prompt reply to questions. Very knowledgeable lawyer. Makes you feel at ease. Highly recommend.” – Jim Mead
When you choose our firm, we make your case a priority. Our goal is to help you move on and get back to your life and family.
Call McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., Now
If you or a loved one is facing conviction for drug crimes in Norristown, you do not have to fight your charges alone. Our criminal defense lawyer wants to hear about your case and get started on your defense right away. Contact one of our team members by calling (610) 991-7219 for a free case review 24/7.