If the nature of the charges you’re facing involves a traffic crime, our team at McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., wants to represent you. We can review your case and strategize a way to have your charges reduced or even dismissed altogether.
Don’t give up and accept punishment. You may have a legal defense that can protect you from conviction, having your driver’s license suspended, or having your auto insurance rates go up. If you live in Norristown, we can have a traffic crimes lawyer serving your area begin working on your case right away.
We Can Manage Your Case for You So That Your Rights Remain Protected
Getting a criminal defense lawyer can be helpful if you are intimidated by the charges you face and would like legal protection. While you have a right to a state-appointed lawyer, public defenders are often overwhelmed with cases. Yours may not have the time nor the resources to represent you effectively.
Hiring a private criminal defense lawyer from our team helps you get the attention to detail you want for your case. Our team understands the stakes you may be facing—whether that means high fines or potential prison time, we do not take that lightly.
Services We Offer
As our client, you can expect our traffic crimes defense team to help you by:
- Reviewing your case, including the evidence already available
- Investigating your traffic stop, including how law enforcement conducted your arrest and questioning
- Collecting additional evidence if possible
- Speaking with prosecuting attorneys on your behalf to protect you
- Handling legal paperwork to move your case forward
- Negotiating a potential plea deal with the prosecution
- Presenting your case in court if necessary
- Providing legal advice and guidance throughout your case
- Keeping you informed about your case’s progression
Things You Can do to Help Your Case
Even before you begin working with us, there are some things you can do to start protecting your case:
- Remain silent about your case until you consult a lawyer from our team.
- Read about your legal rights online and ask more about them once you retain a lawyer from us.
- Collect evidence you might already have about your case, such as a copy of the arrest report or contact information of witnesses who can testify on your behalf.
- Remain calm and do not attempt to flee from your charges.
Our Criminal Defense Team Has Handled Various Traffic Crimes Cases
Our team at McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., helps people fight against unlawful charges or allegations. We handle traffic crime cases of all types, including those that involve:
- Driving under the influence (DUI)
- Driving without a driver’s license or vehicle registration
- Driving with a suspended driver’s license or expired registration
- Driving without auto insurance
- Leaving the scene of an accident (hit-and-run)
- Reckless driving
- Aggressive driving or road rage
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Minor traffic violations, such as an improper lane change
Pennsylvania’s point system assigns points to other traffic offenses not listed here, which you can find under 75 Pa. C.S.A. §1535.
In some cases, a minor traffic violation might escalate to a higher offense if it led to a severe injury, death, or property damage in an automobile accident. We can review your case to determine whether your charges are lawful and whether your actions led to the accident you are accused of causing.
We Can Strategize Your Defense Against the Charges You’re Facing
We are not afraid to take on difficult cases. You can always receive a free case evaluation with one of our team members, who can explain how we might begin strategizing your defense.
Or strategy will depend on the charges you’re facing, your driving history, and other circumstances. When you become our client, we will investigate various aspects of your case to determine which strategic route to take, such as:
- Whether this is your first traffic offense or first offense of this type
- Whether you showed signs of committing a traffic offense based on evidence
- Whether the police officer had probable cause or reasonable suspicion to arrest you
We Will Review Evidence to Analyze the Nature of Your Arrest
Our team can access resources to retrieve evidence of your traffic stop and arrest. Doing so allows us to analyze whether the police officer displayed proper conduct.
We may request and review the following evidence:
- Traffic camera video footage
- Surveillance footage from a nearby business or residence that captured the event or alleged crime
- Video footage from the police, such as from their vehicle’s dashcam or the officer’s body cam
- The police report about your arrest
- Statements from people who saw the event or alleged crime
- Photos and cell phone recordings of the event or alleged crime
We May Argue That Your Traffic Stop or Arrest Was Unlawful
Suppose we find that your traffic stop or arrest was unlawful upon reviewing the evidence. In that case, we may build a defense argument around this premise and establish how law enforcement violated your rights. This may help us get your charges dropped or reduced, depending on the circumstances of your case.
Some arguments we might make to assert this point include:
- The police officer did not have probable cause to pull you over for a traffic offense.
- The police officer did not read your Miranda rights to you or explain the nature of your arrest.
- The police officer did not properly calibrate their tools, such as a breathalyzer or radar, to determine whether you committed a traffic crime.
- The results for a breathalyzer, blood, or urine test were
- The police officer falsified evidence during your arrest.
There may be other arguments we can make for your case, which we will explain to you after we complete our assessment.
Let McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., Review Your Traffic Crimes Case for Free
Our criminal defense team at McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., wants to review your case. Call us at (610) 991-7219 for a free case review with one of our team representatives and explain what kind of charges you are facing.
One of our traffic crimes lawyers serving Norristown can start helping you build your case. Begin your legal journey today and let us fight for your rights.