If you or a loved one is facing criminal charges and the possibility of conviction for driving under the influence (DUI), we can help you minimize the resulting damage. With our legal guidance and support, you can avoid the residual damage of conviction that can harm your reputation, community standing, and lead to the loss of your driving privileges.
Our team at McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., and our DUI lawyer in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania, helps you build a solid defense against the charges you face. We can also help you hold on to your driver’s license, represent you at your Administrative License Revocation (ALR) hearing, or negotiate a plea deal on your behalf. We never stop fighting for the best possible resolution to your case to help you get a fresh start.
DUI Penalties in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania takes the safety of its citizens seriously. It, therefore, imposes costly fines and long periods of confinement on individuals convicted of DUI. Per Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) guidelines, the penalties you could face vary according to your blood alcohol content and the number of times you have been arrested and convicted on DUI charges. Penalties can include:
- BAC up to .099% – between six months of probation and two years of incarceration and up to $5,000 in fines
- BAC between .10 to .159 – between two days and five years of imprisonment and up to $10,000 in fines
- BAC of .16% and higher – between three days and five years of imprisonment and up to $10,000 in fines
Penalties can also include losing your driver’s license, mandatory participation in an alcohol highway safety school, mandatory treatment for alcohol dependency, and installing an ignition interlock system on your vehicle.
Factors That Determine Possible Penalties
Our team works hard to limit the damaging aftermath of a DUI conviction. We challenge the accuracy of BAC testing machinery and results. We also make sure the BAC test was conducted in accordance with 67 Pa. Code § 77.24. Some additional factors that play a role in building your defense include:
- Your BAC test results
- A minor passenger in your vehicle
- Your refusal to submit to a BAC test
- Whether the DUI involved an accident
- Having an open container in your vehicle
While these factors may determine many of the actions we take on your behalf, they do not stop us from defending you. In fact, we work harder to help you get the benefit of plea bargains and have the opportunity to keep your driver’s license and avoid incarceration or imprisonment.
We Aim to Minimize DUI Penalties
When our DUI defense team handles your case, we work hard to minimize the penalties you face. We work with the state’s prosecutor to negotiate plea bargains on your behalf. By agreeing to a plea, you save the state the time and expense of a trial. In exchange, we make sure you:
- Get the charges against you lowered
- Receive lighter sentences and fines
- Avoid the stress and strain of a trial
A plea bargain can also ensure you avoid the unpredictability of a judge or jury trial and an uncertain outcome. We inform you every step of the way and continually update you on your case’s progress.
Benefits of Working with Our Phoenixville DUI Team
When you choose our law firm to handle your defense, we make sure you have access to one of our team members. After you sign a representation agreement, we provide you with our email address, text number, telephone number, and social media outlets. We also make sure you can reach the lawyer who represents you whenever you have questions or concerns.
There are additional benefits of working with our team to resolve your case. Our client support team members will:
- Determine the best plea-based resolution to your case
- Help mitigate your personal, professional, and social damages
- Identify police errors or misconduct that can benefit your defense
If you were arrested in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania, our team will help you create a strong defense strategy and avoid the state’s toughest criminal penalties. Our DUI lawyer at McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., investigates every action that led to your arrest to ensure your rights weren’t violated. We also locate and interview witnesses on your behalf and canvass the scene of your arrest for available residential, commercial, or smartphone surveillance video.
See What It Means to Work with Our DUI Defense Team
It can be hard to handle your DUI case without legal assistance. When we represent you, we fight for the outcome that lets you get back to your job, family, and community as quickly as possible. Of our support and services, previous DUI clients say:
- “David works magic. He managed to get my DUI from a second offense down to a first offense. I could have been serving 3 months in jail but managed to avoid that because of David. He is very reliable and responds promptly. Would highly recommend him to anyone.” – Corinne D’Angelo
- “Anyone accused of DUI or other crimes has to give this law office a call before anyone else, just to set the bar and expectations. You will not be sorry you called him. Highly recommended.” – Martin Judnich
- “I strongly suggest to anyone who finds themselves in a DUI situation that their first call be to McKenzie Law Firm…I found him to be courteous, extremely knowledgeable in DUI situations, and very accessible…I highly recommend Mr. McKenzie to anyone who finds themselves in a DUI situation!” – Susan G
You do not have to try to resolve your DUI case on your own. When you are ready to fight back against the damage of a DUI case, our team will fight as hard for you as we have for each of these clients.
Call One of Our DUI Defense Team Members for Help Now
If you or someone you love was arrested on charges of driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania, our DUI lawyer can help. Contact one of our team members at McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., by calling (610) 991-7219 to see how hard we will fight for you.