Pennsylvania takes a hard stance against driving under the influence (DUI), especially in cases involving defendants under 21. With a conviction in Ridley, you could face irreparable damage to your reputation and criminal record. You could also lose the right to drive, affecting your ability to work and attend school.
Our Ridley DUI lawyer from McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. is on your side. We do everything possible to combat the charges you face and help you navigate the criminal justice system. What’s more, we offer free, confidential consultations where you can meet our team and learn more about your next steps.
You Can Expect Quality Representation from Our Under 21 DUI Lawyer
If you hire an under 21 DUI lawyer from our firm to fight for you, we will start building your defense as soon as possible. Your case may not even make it to trial if we find a problem in the prosecution’s argument or how law enforcement officers conducted themselves.
Building a strong case requires us to:
- Investigate the details of your arrest
- Determine whether the police had probable cause to pull you over
- Move to have certain evidence disregarded from trial
- Negotiate a plea bargain (if necessary or possible)
- Instill reasonable doubt in jurors’ minds
- Handle all filing and case-related communications
- Cross-examine witnesses
- Guide you through the legal process
We aim to get your charges dropped, reduced, or dismissed––whichever route best benefits your situation. You don’t have to defend your good name in court alone. We’re here to take care of your case in Ridley and everything your under 21 DUI charge entails.
Your Ridley Lawyer May Employ One or More of the Following Defenses
Securing a “not guilty” verdict requires our team to understand the details of your arrest, along with the details of the alleged crime. Once we have all the facts in hand, your legal team may assert that:
- The police didn’t have probable cause. The police must have a valid reason for pulling you over. They can’t just pull over people at random and hope to catch someone driving while intoxicated. Reasons for pulling someone over include speeding, disregarding traffic signals, and driving erratically.
- The results of your breathalyzer test were flawed. Breathalyzers are sophisticated pieces of technology that can take weeks to master. What’s more, they require constant maintenance and calibration to achieve accurate results. If we can have the results of a sobriety test disregarded for inaccuracy, this could seriously hurt the prosecution’s case.
- You weren’t read your Miranda rights. Upon your arrest, the police must disclose that anything you share could be used against you. Being arrested is a stressful experience, and you may have disclosed something that could compromise your case later. Yet, if you weren’t read your rights, we can move to have any statements you made upon your arrest disregarded.
These are just some of the defenses your attorney may employ on your behalf. The exact route we take depends on many factors.
Our Criminal Defense Team Challenges Each Charge You Face in Ridley, PA
Pennsylvania has a zero-tolerance policy for driving under the influence of alcohol while under 21. This means that even if you have a .02 blood alcohol concentration (BAC), you could still face criminal charges. Yet, for many defendants, an under 21 DUI charge is just one aspect of their cases.
Depending on the details of your arrest and the alleged crime, you could also face charges of:
- Drug possession
- Child endangerment
- Vehicular manslaughter
- Reckless driving
- Traffic violations
- Driving on a suspended license (or without a license)
You don’t have to hire one criminal defense lawyer for your DUI and another to handle another charge. McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. is ready to tackle your case and combat every charge you face. You’re innocent until proven guilty, no matter what the prosecution alleges.
Our Criminal Justice Law Firm Combats These DUI-Related Penalties in Ridley
Facing a DUI charge is a scary position to be in at any age, especially if this is your first run-in with the law. You have your whole life ahead of you. The last thing you want is a DUI on your record affecting your insurance rates, driving ability, and criminal record. Per the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PDOT), penalties if convicted of an under 21 DUI include:
- Fines ranging from $500 to $5,000
- Suspension of your driver’s license for up to 18 months (that’s a year and a half!)
- Up to six months of jail time
If convicted, these are just some of the penalties the state could impose. Outside of the court system, you could also have problems:
- Getting approved for housing
- Maintaining your current insurance rates
- Securing approval for housing
- Obtaining housing opportunities
- Retaining custody of your children
- Getting to and from work/school
- Maintaining any professional licenses you have
You have options with McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. Our criminal defense lawyer intends to do everything possible to secure the best possible outcome. We believe that our client testimonials speak volumes to our quality of service, honesty, and commitment.
Get Legal Help and Peace of Mind After a Ridley Under 21 DUI Arrest
You are innocent until proven guilty, and the prosecution will work to do just that, which is why having a defense attorney with experience handling DUI cases is beneficial. A DUI conviction can negatively impact your future, but McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. can help by building a defense and working for a reduction or dismissal of the charges.
We believe everyone should have access to quality legal representation. Our criminal defense firm is dedicated to this principle, and we are ready to discuss your case and next steps.
Don’t let the prosecution take advantage of you by not having a defense. To begin a consultation with our team, call today.