An Upper Gwynedd, PA drug crimes lawyer could protect your constitutional rights and fight relentlessly to get you the best possible result in your circumstances. Every case is different, and results can vary, but our firm can represent you through every stage of the process. The drug crime laws in Pennsylvania have harsh penalties.
You want an attorney who will fight relentlessly for you and be available when you need to talk. Once you become a client, you will always be able to get hold of your lawyer through text, phone, email, or social media. McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. understands how stressful it can be to face criminal charges, which is why we make ourselves so accessible to our clients.
Drug Crime Cases Our Lawyer Handles
We go to bat for clients who get charged with drug crimes. For example, we take on cases involving criminal charges of:
- Drug trafficking
- Drug possession
- Drug manufacturing
- Drug distribution
- Heroin crimes
- Cocaine crimes
- LSD crimes
- Possession with intent
- Marijuana crimes
- Methamphetamine crimes
- Illegal drug use
- Conspiracy to traffic narcotics
If you were charged with these or any other drug crimes, please feel free to give us a call. This list does not include all the types of drug crimes that McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. handles.
Services You Can Expect as a Client Facing Drug Crime Charges in Upper Gwynedd
Getting charged with a drug crime can be frightening and intimidating. You do not have to go through this experience by yourself. We can be by your side every step of the way.
A drug crimes lawyer can help you by:
- Investigating the drug crime you are charged with and the circumstances of your arrest.
- Doing a deep dive into how the evidence got seized and looking into whether the police violated your constitutional rights during the search and seizure. If the search or seizure was improper, we might be able to file a motion to suppress that evidence and weaken or destroy the prosecution’s case against you.
- Reviewing the prosecution’s case against you. If there are weak links in the charges or the prosecutor’s case, we might be able to get the charges reduced or dropped.
- Looking for evidence to build your defense, including possible alibi witnesses and evidence that reduces the credibility of the prosecution’s evidence against you. Security camera footage can be particularly compelling to a jury, and there are far more security cameras on residential, commercial, and public property than there used to be.
- Appealing the loss of your driver’s license if it got taken from you.
- Protecting your constitutional rights. The Fourth Amendment protection from unreasonable searches and seizures is only one of several provisions in the U.S. constitution that could be relevant in a drug crimes case.
- Requesting no bail or a low bail amount. Getting released from custody while your case is pending could mean that your family will not go hungry. We might be able to ask the judge to release you without requiring a high amount of bail
- Sometimes, your best option is a plea deal, in which you plead guilty to a lesser charge with less severe penalties. Also, Pennsylvania has alternative courts like drug courts that could be a good option, depending on your circumstances. We will make sure that you have the information that empowers you to make an informed decision.
- If the situation warrants it, we can take your case to trial and fight the court battle on your behalf. When we cross paths with a prosecutor who takes an unreasonably hard line because they are trying to build a reputation for themselves, for example, we might have to go to trial to seek justice for you.
At McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., we are passionate about fighting for our clients. You can work with our Upper Gwynedd, PA drug crimes lawyer on your case.
How Pennsylvania Law Defines Common Drug Crimes
Here are the definitions of some of the common types of drug crimes that people get charged with in Upper Gwynedd, Pennsylvania:
- Possession with Intent to Deliver a Controlled Substance, 35 P.S. § 780-113(a)(30). Pennsylvania law defines this drug crime as “the manufacture, delivery, or possession with intent to manufacture or deliver, a controlled substance” by someone who is not legally allowed to do so, or making, delivering, or possessing a counterfeit controlled substance.
- Possession of a Controlled Substance, 35 P.S. § 780-113(a)(16). “Knowingly or intentionally possessing a controlled or counterfeit substance by a person not registered under this act, or a practitioner not registered or licensed by the appropriate State board, unless the substance was obtained directly from, or pursuant to, a valid prescription order or order of a practitioner.”
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, 35 P.S. § 780-113(a)(32). Pennsylvania’s drug laws forbid the use or possession with intent to use drug paraphernalia to plant, grow, harvest, process, pack, store, conceal, inject, inhale, ingest, or in some other manner introduce the controlled substance into the body of a human.
- Possession of a Small Amount of Marihuana, 35 P.S. § 780-113(a)(31). Thirty (30) grams of marihuana or eight (8) grams of hashish meets Pennsylvania’s definition of a small amount of marihuana. The person must have the small amount in their possession for personal use, with intent to distribute but not sell, or have distributed but not sold it.
We will explore whether the prosecution can prove all the required elements of the charges against you with admissible evidence. When we can get the judge to exclude some evidence because the police searched for or seized it in violation of your legal rights, the prosecutor might not be able to make a case against you.
We do not have to defeat every element of a drug crime to get a charge dismissed. The burden of proof is on the prosecutor to establish every single element. When we can knock out one element, we can win a dismissal or a verdict of not guilty.
Call Now to Begin Building Your Defense with Us in Montgomery County
If you want an Upper Gwynedd, PA drug crimes lawyer who will fight passionately and tirelessly for the best possible outcome in your case, you have found the right firm. You can get started with McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. today by calling now.
Check out our testimonials, too, to get an idea of what it’s like to work with us.