Driving under the influence (DUI) is not an easy charge to fight against without legal support. Pennsylvania takes drunk driving very seriously, employing a multi-tiered penalty system based on blood alcohol content (BAC) levels. The highest BAC levels and subsequent offenses can leave you facing multiple years in prison and several thousands of dollars in fines, among other penalties.
At McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. we help our clients fight against DUI charges. Our DUI lawyer near Upper Gwynedd, Pennsylvania, can examine the circumstances surrounding your DUI arrest to determine the best course of action. You may be able to see your charges dismissed or reduced, or we will present a strong defense in court. Initial consultations are free and available right now when you call.
Why Choose McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. for Your Upper Gwynedd DUI Case
When you hire our firm, we take over the entire case and handle every aspect for you. Our DUI defense lawyer will:
- Discuss the circumstances leading up to, during, and after the arrest with you
- Review the arrest report for any concerns or discrepancies
- Speak on your behalf to protect your legal rights
- Analyze the prosecution’s case and collect evidence to refute it
- Explain what to expect as the case moves forward, offering support and guidance along the way
- Build a defense to attempt to get the charges dismissed, reduced, or dropped in court
- Help you get into the Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition (ARD) program if possible
If other steps are necessary to defend your DUI case, we will discuss them with you and do what we can to fight for the best possible outcome.
Our Initial Consultations Are Free and Available Anytime
Every moment after your or your loved one’s DUI arrest is crucial—the sooner you have our defense team working on your case, the better we can protect your rights. As such, we make sure our team is available around the clock for consultations.
Moreover, you pay nothing for our initial review of your case. No matter when you call, a member of our team will be there to listen to your or your family member’s circumstances and discuss the next steps.
We Know How Much Our Clients Value Lawyer Accessibility
One of the many benefits we offer our Upper Gwynedd clients is easy access to their DUI attorney. You should not have to worry about when you’ll be able to get case updates or answers to your questions. To give you peace of mind, our firm provides multiple ways for you to get in touch with our DUI team:
- Social media
As a McKenzie Law Firm client, your legal support will never be far away.
Our Attorney Knows What It Takes to Tackle a DUI Charge in Pennsylvania
After representing clients in Montgomery County court for many years, our team has learned how to navigate various DUI charges. The feedback we’ve received from past clients says it all:
- “I had a dire situation regarding a DUI and restitution. He was able to use his experience to get me the best possible outcome that me and my family needed, and we couldn’t be more thankful. Look no further than David McKenzie! The best in Montgomery County!” – R. Rios
- “David is such a prolific and excellent attorney. Anyone accused of DUI or other crimes has to give this law office a call before anyone else, just to set the bar and expectations. You will not be sorry you called him. Highly recommended.” – M. Judnich
- “After my initial phone call, I knew Mr. McKenzie was who I was going to be comfortable going through what I thought (convinced actually) was going to be a terrifying experience for me. I was facing so much more than a simple DUI and having his knowledge and commitment to my case made me comfortable the entire time. – S. Brummett
Our team wants to inspire the same confidence and reassurance for you in your Upper Gwynedd, Pennsylvania case as we did for these clients. Our DUI attorney is ready to get started on your defense as soon as you hire our firm.
DUI Charges and Penalties in Pennsylvania Vary
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) outlines the different levels of DUI charges that residents can face for driving under the influence. The three tiers are general impairment, high BAC, and highest BAC, and each has different penalties depending on whether it is the first or a subsequent offense.
Because of this system, it is possible to get jail time for a first DUI offense if you register a BAC of .10 percent or higher. A longer sentence applies to those facing first-time charges for a BAC of .16 percent or higher. Though the details will vary, the different penalties you may face include:
- License suspension
- Probation or jail time
- Enrollment in an alcohol safety and/or treatment program
- Installation of an ignition interlock device on your vehicle
Harsher penalties are possible for DUI incidents involving minors, collisions, and open containers. Regardless of the drunk driving charges and penalties you are facing, we want to discuss your case and what our firm can do.
Possible Defenses Against DUI Charges
There are specific rules in Pennsylvania regarding how officers must conduct traffic stops, administer chemical sobriety tests, and handle DUI arrests. If at any point the arresting officer in your case violated your rights, our defense attorney can use it to fight your DUI charges. We may be able to:
- Argue that there was no valid reason to pull you over or request a chemical sobriety test
- Question the validity of your blood or breath test
- Suggest that the testing equipment was improperly calibrated or used
- Show that the officer did not read your rights or ensure that you understood them at the time of your arrest
These are common defenses against DUI that we may be able to use in your case, but other options may also present themselves as we review the details.
Reach Out for Help with Your DUI Defense in Upper Gwynedd
Don’t go another moment without a defense lawyer on your side if you are facing DUI charges in Upper Gwynedd, Pennsylvania. Our team at McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. serves clients in Montgomery County and beyond.
A team member is ready to take your call and discuss your case right away. Call (610) 991-7219 now.