If you or someone you love was arrested for a drug crime, you could be facing serious state or federal charges. At McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., a Chester County drug crimes lawyer will read and review your arrest report and examine the evidence the state has against you. We will also conduct depositions, interview witnesses, and build your defense case.
Our goal is to build a defense that reaches the best possible resolution to your case. We have been representing those facing criminal charges for many years. Review our testimonials to see what our clients have to say about us.
A Drug Crimes Lawyer Can Help You Build Your Defense Strategy
If you or someone you love in Chester County was arrested for a drug crime, we will investigate any violations of your rights. This may include continued questioning by police after you requested a lawyer or searching your person or your property without a valid warrant.
To bolster and support your case, our team will:
- Ensure your pre- and post-arrest rights were not violated
- Establish a lack of probable cause, where applicable
- Fight for your pre-trial release while we build your defense
- Investigate your charges and the state’s evidence
- Locate and interview supporting witnesses in your case
At McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., we also may work with the attorney for the state to negotiate a plea bargain. A plea agreement can result in lesser charges, lower fines, and lighter sentences.
See How We Have Helped Others Facing Similar Charges
Facing drug-related criminal charges on your own can be daunting. With our support and guidance, you can build a defense. Previous clients we defended say the following:
- I hired David and he did a great job. He got a few of my drug charges dropped by the officer before my preliminary trial. He then guided me through the ARD application process, and I was eventually accepted…He was very knowledgeable of the entire process from start to finish. – Anonymous
- I was referred to David by a friend that called him “the best in the business”. He represented me in a criminal drug offense case and managed to arrange the best-case scenario plea bargain…Would recommend to anyone! – Josh
We are committed to helping our clients get a fresh start.
You Will Always Be Able to Reach Your Lawyer
An arrest and potential conviction on drug charges can derail your life in many ways. Not knowing the progress of your case can only lead to additional frustration and fear. While we build your defense or work out a plea agreement for you, we also keep you updated on its progress.
To ensure you have access to your Chester County drug crimes lawyer, we will provide you with:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Social media outlets
- Dedicated text line
Our firm is committed to every client we represent. After we sign a representation agreement, you will always be able to get ahold of the lawyer who represents you.
Drug Crime Conviction Can Lead to Harsh Penalties
The penalties you face for drug crimes can derail your personal, professional, and social life. The severity of your charges will depend on whether you are charged with a misdemeanor or felony.
According to Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes Title 18 § 7508, factors that will affect penalties include:
- The type and volume of drugs involved
- Your previous arrests and criminal history
- The state’s preset sentencing guidelines
Criminal Conviction Can Affect Many Areas of Your Life
For many people, the biggest fear of criminal conviction is being incarcerated or imprisoned. A conviction — even an arrest without conviction — can have other unwelcome consequences that negatively impact your life.
A drug-related crime can:
- Damage your name and reputation in your community
- Leave a permanent stain on subsequent background checks
- Bar you from certain types of professional employment
- Bar you from specific forms of government assistance
- Limit the locations where you can legally reside
- Interrupt your preferred career path and goals
We never stop fighting to defend the criminal defendants we represent because we understand that an opportunity for a new start will benefit you and the people you love.
Our Drug Crimes Practice Areas
Conviction on drug crime charges can change your life. Our legal team is committed to helping our clients build a solid defense. We represent clients who have been charged with:
- Cocaine crimes
- Conspiracy to traffic
- Delivery of drugs
- Drug distribution
- Drug manufacturing
- Drug possession
- Drug trafficking
- Heroin crimes
- Illegal drug use
- LSD crimes
- Marijuana crimes
- Methamphetamine crimes
- Possession of drugs
This is not an exhaustive list. If the specific drug-related crime you were arrested for is not on this list, talk to an attorney at our firm to review your case.
Review Your Chester County Drug Crime Case Today
Are you or someone you love facing drug crimes charges? You do not have to face them alone. Our law firm will help you build a defense and fight for the best possible outcome. Find out how a drug crimes lawyer from our firm can help you.
Contact McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. by calling us today.