If you or someone you love has been charged with a gun crime, you could be facing substantial fines and possible jail or prison time. Our law firm can help. At McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., we will listen to your version of events and carefully examine the evidence against you. Gun law is complex — our Chester County gun lawyer will ensure you understand each step of your case and the defense we build for you.
Our legal team will also help you limit any residual damage to your personal and professional life. We will explore any available avenues for a plea bargain that lead to lesser charges and sentence reductions. We believe everyone deserves a second chance and we will work hard to help you get an opportunity for the future you deserve.
Let Our Law Firm Build Your Gun Crimes Defense
An arrest for a gun crime can leave you reeling and unsure of what to do. When you trust our law firm to fight for you, we leave no stone unturned. We will make sure you were treated fairly, your case was handled correctly, and the charges against you are appropriate for the situation.
Our Chester County criminal defense lawyer will do all of the following:
- Thoroughly investigate the circumstances of your arrest
- Investigate any potential violations of your rights
- Explain all state gun laws that have an impact on your case
- Handle all case-related communication on your behalf
- Review and prepare any court appearances
We will also determine your best options for a solid defense. This can include requesting bail to ensure your freedom while your case is pending and exploring potential plea bargains.
What Happens When Our Chester County Gun Attorney Is on Your Side
Dealing with criminal charges is always a challenge. A misstep or misunderstanding in your case can pose a serious risk to you, your freedom, and your family. When you trust our law firm to handle your case, our attorneys stop at nothing in building your defense.
The benefits of hiring a gun attorney include minimizing:
- The risks of conviction. Consequences can include permanent damage to subsequent background checks and possible incarceration or imprisonment.
- Ongoing stress and frustration. The criminal justice system is complex and navigating it alone can be stressful and demanding which can affect your physical and mental health.
- Misunderstanding your gun charges. Not understanding your charges, relevant laws, and the legal process can lead to costly errors and uninformed decisions.
We know how important it is to understand every phase of your case, so we make sure you get answers to your questions when you need them. Every client we represent gets access to their legal team via email, text messaging, telephone calls, and social media channels.
The Benefit of a Plea Bargain
A plea bargain can be a beneficial solution to your case for both sides. When our gun lawyer serving Chester County, PA looks at a plea solution for you, we do so with your best interests in mind.
The benefits we negotiate for you include:
- Lower charges
- Lighter sentences
- Jail versus prison
- Parole options
- Probation options
While the state does benefit from a plea agreement as well, your best outcome is always our goal.
Possible Gun Crime Penalties in Pennsylvania
Many gun charges are classified as misdemeanors. If yours is, you could face penalties that include high fines and incarceration or imprisonment. Many others are classified as felonies. These carry much higher penalties and fines and can cause much more harm and disruption to your life and lifestyle.
One error in judgment does not have to define or dictate your life. Our law firm never stops fighting for you. This includes fighting for another chance at a bright future — one that does not derail your career, impede your role as a parent, or limit your ability to lawfully carry a weapon in the future.
McKenzie Law Firm, P.C.’s Gun Crime Laws Practice Areas
It can be hard to know where to turn for help after your arrest. Our law firm helps clients just like you start getting their lives back together right from the start. Clients we represent face the following gun-related charges:
- Theft of a firearm
- Unlawful use of a firearm
- Unlawful concealed carry
- Unregistered possession
- Illegally selling a firearm
- Failure to obtain firearm permits
- Firearm-related parole violations
- Firearm-related probation violations
- Altering a firearm’s serial number
- Possession of a firearm by a minor
- Using a firearm in the commission of a crime
The state has a limited time to bring charges against you. The sooner you put our Chester County gun lawyer to work for you, the more time we have to build a strong defense and ensure the state handles your case appropriately and in a timely fashion.
Our Recent History of Supporting Criminal Defense Clients
Criminal conviction affects everyone around you — family, friends, and even colleagues. When we go to bat for you, we work hard to limit the potential fallout.
Previous McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. clients say the following:
- Anonymous: He was able to bargain on a criminal case for someone special to me…We are impressed with his humble demeanor and sincere approach to any client. He would treat you with respect and he would do anything in his power to come [up] with the best outcome possible.
- Anonymous: I would definitely recommend David McKenzie for legal representation. My husband and I hired him to represent our juvenile son in a criminal matter. Throughout the duration of the process, David was very polite, took his time explaining things, and most importantly, he got the job done.
When we say you are not alone in your fight, we mean it. Our legal team will be by your side at any court appearances, when preparing your testimony, and during plea negotiations.
Review Your Gun Crime Case Today
Are you facing gun charges in Chester County? Our gun lawyer can help you understand the charges you face and their potential penalties. We can also help you mitigate the damage to your life, family, and career. Find out how by contacting one of our case review team members at McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. today.