When it comes to drug offenses, you could be subject to harsh punishments depending on the circumstances of your case. If you were arrested on drug-related charges in Delaware County, our attorney at McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. can assist in defending your rights and advising you on how to move forward with your case.
When you hire our Delaware County drug crimes lawyer, you do not have to face the legal system alone. We can help you understand the laws that apply to your case and will be assessable to you.
Our Delaware County Drug Crimes Lawyer Will Advocate for You
At McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., we put our wealth of knowledge to work defending our client’s rights no matter the severity of their charges. As a former prosecutor, David McKenzie understands the criminal law process and can fight for a fair outcome in your case.
Our Delaware County criminal defense lawyer can manage your case and serve as your advocate. We will:
- Protect your rights
- Gather evidence and witness testimonies
- Identify police officer misconduct
- Handle any negotiations for you
- Appeal your driver’s license suspension, if applicable
- Assist in acquiring an Occupational Limited License
- Explore plea deals, if necessary
- Represent you in court
Moreover, after taking your case, we make sure to keep ourselves readily available to our clients and will promptly respond to your questions. Whether it is by phone, email, or social media, you can be certain you will always have access to your legal assistance until the conclusion of your case.
Former Clients Review Our Firm Serving Delaware County
When our clients work with our firm, they appreciate the service we provide. See what our former clients say after working with our criminal defense lawyers:
- “Excellence in EVERY sense of the word! From the initial Consultation to the Hearings and Conclusion of the case, David McKenzie kept me extremely informed, aware of all possible outcomes and plays, and ultimately resolved my case with the best possible outcome, in my favor! Hands down, he is the absolute BEST! If you are in need of a Criminal Attorney and your freedom in any way has been threatened, look no further! Thank you David for everything!” – Teresa Gibbs
- “David is the man! He shares upfront the good and worse outcomes possible depending on your situation. He goes above and beyond to get the best results for his clients. He understands the legality of case law. He turned a bad situation around into outstanding results. If you need a lawyer he is the one, and his price is reasonable and worth every penny you spend.” – P Thomas
Understanding Your Drug Crime Charges in Delaware County, PA
In Pennsylvania, drug charges vary considerably depending on the offense and the drug itself. It is critical to understand your charges because they can range from a misdemeanor to serious felony charges.
The following list includes a few of the numerous drug crime types:
- First offense possession
- Subsequent offense possession
- Drug trafficking
- Possession with intent to deliver
- Production of a controlled substance
- Successful delivery of controlled substances
You may be sentenced to years in prison and expensive fines if you are found guilty of a drug crime. Furthermore, you could be facing up to a life sentence if your crime is a federal offense.
It’s also crucial to remember that your license could be suspended if you are found guilty. After you’ve briefed us on your case, our experienced team of lawyers will examine your circumstances and inform you of any potential charges you could be facing.
Our Drug Crimes Lawyer Will Inform You of Your Rights
Our team knows how to determine if your rights have been violated. We can use this information to build a solid defense for you.
In some cases, police officers might not have had probable cause or even a warrant for a search and seizure. In these situations, the search could be deemed unreasonable. Our team can use this violation of your rights in your defense. Other defenses we can use include:
- No Miranda rights were read to you
- Mistaken identity
- False reports made by witnesses
With the assistance of a drug crime lawyer, all of your legal options will be presented accordingly.
Your Penalties Could Depend on the Type of Drug Associated With Your Crime
The Controlled Substances Act dictates that controlled substances are categorized into schedules and the punishment for possession of each drug will depend on the category it falls into. As certain drugs are more dangerous and addictive, the associated penalty for possession could be more severe.
Schedule I Drugs
Schedule I drugs have no medical use and possess a high potential for addiction.
Notable substances include:
Schedule II Drugs
Schedule II drugs also have a high potential for substance abuse. Abuse of these drugs could lead to drug dependence.
Notable Schedule II substances include:
Schedule III & IV Drugs
Schedule III and IV drugs have a lower likelihood of addiction than Schedule I and II. They are typically used for medical treatment and can be prescribed.
Notable schedule III and IV substances include:
- Anabolic steroids
Schedule V Drugs
These drugs carry the least threat of substance abuse and are widely accepted for medical use.
When you work with our Delaware County drug crimes attorney, they will explain the penalties you may face for possessing certain drugs.
Contact Us Today To Work With Our Delaware County Drug Crimes Lawyer
The consequences of a drug accusation can make your life quite difficult. With a conviction on your record, applying for jobs, gaining child custody, and finding quality housing can be made more challenging.
Drug crime charges can be scary, but they are not impossible to overcome. Our team has helped many clients who face charges like yours. Contact us for a free case evaluation and we’ll get started on your case.