Were you or a loved one recently charged with a gun crime in Delaware County, PA? At McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., we work on a variety of criminal law cases, including gun crimes. Hiring a lawyer could help to reduce your sentence or help you avoid a conviction. You can provide us with the details of your case during an initial consultation.
The Benefits of Hiring a Delaware County, PA Gun Crime Lawyer
After a criminal charge, you may be unsure of how to proceed.
We’re here to provide you with legal advice and representation. A criminal defense lawyer from our firm can negotiate the terms of your sentence and defend your rights. These are some of the services we provide to our clients:
- Keeping matters simple: Are you confused about the specifics of your charge? Our team can help to simplify things. We can explain your legal proceedings in detail so you’re prepared for whatever comes next.
- Weighing your options: If you’re unfamiliar with Pennsylvania state law, you may be at a loss after receiving a gun crime charge. What can I say to the prosecutors? Should I enter a plea deal? We’ll be right by your side during your case’s crucial crossroads, advising you as you weigh your options.
- Defending your rights: As a citizen of Pennsylvania, you have protected civil rights. However, if you’re unfamiliar with local, state, and federal law, you may be unaware of when your rights are being violated. You can count on us to defend your rights throughout your case.
- Building your case: It’s nearly impossible to build an effective defense without evidence. That’s where our legal team comes in. We can investigate your case and gather this evidence.
- Leading negotiations: Some gun crime cases are settled during pretrial negotiations. During the pretrial phase, we can communicate with the district attorney on your behalf.
- Representing you during trial: If your case proceeds to trial, we can act as your legal representative. We will prepare your defense and ensure that you’re ready for courtroom participation.
Why Would I Hire a Delaware County, PA Gun Crime Lawyer?
Working with a gun crime lawyer could lower the risk of:
- Confusion: Legal matters are complex–misunderstanding your charges can result in costly errors.
- Conviction: Hiring a lawyer doesn’t guarantee that you’ll avoid a conviction. However, working with a private attorney could improve your chances.
- Frustration: We pride ourselves on client accessibility. When you sign on, you’ll receive complete access to our team. You can reach us over text, phone call, or email whenever you’d like.
Our Lead Attorney
Our law firm is led by David C. McKenzie III. McKenzie has several professional distinctions, including:
- Recipient of a Juris Doctorate from the Penn State University Dickinson School of Law
- Worked as an Assistant District Attorney (ADA) in Dauphin County, PA
- Current member of the Norriton Township Board of Commissioners
- Founded McKenzie Law Firm P.C. in 2010
McKenzie has worked on both sides of the courtroom, first as an ADA, then as a private criminal defense lawyer. He’s familiar with the details of gun crime law and can apply this understanding to your unique case.
Our clients are central to our legal practice. Their needs, feedback, and goals drive the services we provide. This is what our criminal defense clients have said about working with McKenzie Law Firm P.C:
- “Very responsive, knowledgeable and he came through on everything he promised. Reasonably priced & accessible. Highly recommend!” – Ms. Amethyst
- “If you are in need of a Criminal Attorney and your freedom in any way has been threatened, look no further! Thank you David for everything!” – T. Gibbs
- “David is the man! He shares upfront the good and worse outcomes possible depending on your situation. He goes above and beyond to get the best results for his clients.” – P. Thomas
Delaware County, PA Gun Crime Practice Areas
We can support Delaware County, PA, clients charged with a range of gun crimes, including:
- Committing a crime while wielding a firearm
- Openly carrying a firearm without permits
- Purchasing or selling an illegal firearm
- Changing a firearm’s serial number
- Minor in possession of a firearm
- Illegal firearm use
This is not a complete list of gun crime cases we work on. If your case involves a gun crime, and you’re located in Delaware County, PA, we can discuss working together during an initial consultation.
Will I Go to Prison if I’ve Been Charged With a Gun Crime?
If you’ve received a gun crime charge, it means that the district attorney believes they have enough evidence to convict you of a crime. However, this doesn’t mean that your case is settled. You still have the right to a fair legal process. Generally, gun crime cases are settled in one of two ways:
At first glance, a plea deal may sound like a poor decision. After all, they involve you “pleading guilty” to your gun crime. However, entering a plea deal can allow you or your lawyer to negotiate the terms of your sentence, including:
- Jail or prison time
- Whether you go to jail or prison
- The number of fines you’re faced with
- The type of conviction on your record
We won’t enter a plea deal without your explicit consent. If we believe that entering a plea deal is the best course of action, we’ll advise you to take it.
If we believe that we have enough evidence to dispel your charges, we can take your case to trial. During a trial, you and your lawyer will make your case before a judge and jury. We can ensure that you’re prepared to put your best foot forward during trial proceedings.
Hire a Delaware County, PA Gun Crime Lawyer Today
We aren’t here to judge you for past errors. Instead, we’re focused on pursuing a positive case outcome. We can treat your gun crime case with compassion and kindness. Contact our offices to arrange an initial consultation with a Delaware County, PA gun crime lawyer today.