A mere accusation that you have committed a child pornography offense is not a conviction. Child pornography charges are among the most serious you can face for several reasons. Therefore, it is critical that you allow an experienced criminal defense lawyer to fight to clear your name or mitigate the consequences you are facing.
McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. uses a former prosecutor’s perspective to fight for clients. A Delaware County child pornography lawyer from our firm will provide the defense to which you—and anyone else accused of wrongdoing—are entitled.
Why Choose Our Firm To Handle Your Child Pornography Case In Delaware County?
You will make few choices in your life more important than who to hire as your criminal defense lawyer. You are not dealing with a traffic ticket. You are facing child pornography charges, and you need a lawyer serving Delaware County who:
- Understands the true gravity of your charges
- Has successfully defended clients from child pornography charges
- Has knowledge of, and experience in, the criminal legal system in Delaware County
- Will do everything in their power to secure a positive outcome for your case
These criteria describe David McKenzie. As a former prosecutor, McKenzie knows that the state of Pennsylvania, or the federal government, will do everything in its power to convict you. Fortunately, he also knows the tactics that the prosecutor might use in your case.
Our entire legal team will support you as your case proceeds. Clients like you have constant access to their attorney through phone, text message, email, and social media. In addition, we will prioritize your case, as we know that a child porn conviction can forever alter the course of your life.
Testimonials For Our Criminal Defense Law Firm
You should not choose a lawyer hastily. Do your due diligence. You should consider how former clients speak of a lawyer before you hire them. A few testimonials our former clients have provided are:
“Excellence in EVERY sense of the word! From the initial Consultation to the Hearings and Conclusion of the case, David McKenzie kept me extremely informed, aware of all possible outcomes and plays, and ultimately resolved my case with the best possible outcome, in my favor!” – Teresa Gibbs, former client
“McKenzie Law Firm was available for all our questions. Reassured us during our hearing. Was a true advocate for us. Would recommend him to everyone.” – Dana Clemons, former client
“McKenzie Law Firm are fighters in the truest sense of the word. David and his team stopped at nothing to aid me in my legal situation. I am forever indebted. My new heroes!” – Samuel Clifton, former client
Though the details of your circumstances are unique, you share something in common with these former clients. Every client we represent is facing something difficult.
Let a Delaware County child pornography attorney from our firm work to resolve your pending legal issue.
How Our Criminal Defense Attorneys Will Defend You In Delaware County
Our team handles every step of the criminal defense process in Delaware County. Your case will require us to:
- Gather and review all relevant evidence and accounts: Child pornography cases may be won or lost based mainly on evidence and personal accounts. Therefore, we will complete a thorough investigation to gather any evidence or witness accounts that cast doubt on the allegations against you.
- Develop a clear strategy for your defense: Based on the details of your case, we may pursue a dismissal of your case or a not-guilty verdict. Or it may be more appropriate to target a plea agreement. We will involve you closely in this process. You should be 100% comfortable with our target outcome for your case, and we will ensure that you are.
- Discuss plea offers with the prosecutor (if it is appropriate in your case): Reducing the charges against you could be the wisest strategy. If this is appropriate in your case, we will negotiate possible deals with the prosecutor.
- Take your case to trial (if appropriate): Remember, each case is different. If you are not responsible for the allegations against you, we are willing to take your case to trial. We may also seek a dismissal of charges before your case begins.
Our team will handle the day-to-day responsibilities of your defense. From filing paperwork and motions to handling communications, we will do it all for you.
Consequences Of Failing To Properly Defend Yourself From Child Pornography Charges
Child pornography charges carry significant legal penalties, whether you are facing charges at the state or federal level. In addition, you may face substantial prison time if you are accused of producing, transporting, sending, receiving, or possessing child pornography.
Per the U.S. Department of Justice, child pornography charges can carry a sentence of up to 30 years in prison. Even for “lesser” child pornography charges, you may face:
- Several years in prison
- Mandatory registration as a sexual offender
- Conditions imposed by the court even once you are released from custody
We understand that you may be just as concerned about being labeled a predator. Our attorneys aim to mitigate the legal and non-legal harm that can come from a child pornography conviction in Delaware County.
Non-Legal Penalties That Can Come From A Child Porn Conviction
The non-legal consequences of a child pornography conviction could be just as damaging as the legal penalties, if not more harmful. A conviction in Delaware County could:
- Cost you the support of friends, family members, and employers
- Make it difficult to obtain future employment
- Pigeonhole you into certain living situations, as you may be unable to live in specific geographic regions as a sexual offender
- Harm your chances of finding or keeping a romantic partner
- Cast a cloud of shame upon you
- Cause significant mental health issues
Right now, you are still considered innocent of the charges against you. We will work to keep it that way.
Call A Delaware Child Pornography Attorney Today To Discuss Defense Strategies Today
Do not wait to hire a Delaware County child pornography lawyer. These charges are extremely serious, and you need a lawyer with proven results.
Call McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. today to discuss your case and defense. We want to use all the time available before criminal proceedings start, so call as soon as possible.