Throughout the United States, you must be 21 years old to drink alcoholic beverages. However, you don’t have to be 21 or older to face DUI charges. Facing a DUI charge can negatively impact several areas of your life.
A DUI conviction can carry a hefty fine and jail time, not to mention damage your reputation. If you face a DUI charge, a Berks County under 21 DUI lawyer from McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. can handle your case.
Defenses We Can Use To Fight Against Your Berks County DUI Charges
Obtaining the legal services of a Berks County DUI lawyer gives you the benefit of having an advocate on your side who will look after your best interests. A DUI conviction can follow you around and make it challenging to live your life the way you once did.
Therefore, a DUI charge is worth fighting. Our team is led by David McKenzie, a former criminal prosecutor who understands how the other side operates in their effort to convict you.
To counter the charges against you, we can employ several strategies, including:
- Determining if police had probable cause to charge you or if they failed to exercise proper procedures
- Challenging blood alcohol content test results since the device could be faulty or improperly used
- Refuting the testimony of police officers and offering alternate reasons for your behavior
- Investigating if there was any police misconduct that could result in the dismissal of your case
What Does an Under 21 DUI Lawyer From Our Firm Do?
When you hire our Berks County under 21 DUI lawyer, they will work with you by:
- Gathering evidence to defend you
- Speaking to witnesses
- Fighting to have your charges reduced or dismissed
- Explaining the Berks County, PA laws that apply to your case
- Remaining available to you through text, email, phone call, and social media after you hire us
You are not required to hire an attorney in your DUI case. However, working with an experienced lawyer from McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. could benefit you. We understand how the legal process works and can advocate for you throughout your case.
Our Clients Review the Service They Received From Our Attorneys Serving Berks County
Clients of McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. leave five-star reviews after working with our team. Former clients who trusted us with their cases say:
- “Excellence in EVERY sense of the word! From the initial Consultation to the Hearings and Conclusion of the case, David McKenzie kept me extremely informed, aware of all possible outcomes and plays, and ultimately resolved my case with the best possible outcome, in my favor! Hands down, he is the absolute BEST! If you are in need of a Criminal Attorney and your freedom in any way has been threatened, look no further! Thank you David for everything!” – Teresa Gibbs
- “David was a great help. Always returned a prompt reply to questions. Very knowledgeable lawyer. Makes you feel at ease. Highly recommend.” – Jim Mead
- “Very professional and made me feel like I truly had the right people in my corner. Worked with me and made me feel like more than just another client! Would definitely refer friends and relatives to Attorney McKenzie in the future!” – Eric Gadelha
We are prepared to support you throughout your case, so don’t wait to get started.
Under 21 DUI Penalties in Berks County, PA
A driver under the age of 21 can face harsh penalties for a DUI conviction in Berks County. According to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, those under the age of 21 with a blood alcohol content of .02% or higher could face:
- 48 hours to six months of jail time
- $500 to $5,000 fines
- 12 to 18 months of license suspension
For multiple-time offenders, the penalties only become more severe. An under-21 DUI lawyer from our firm can help you fight for a fair outcome in your case so you can stay out of jail and keep your license in Berks County.
Other Penalties You Could Face After a DUI Conviction
Beyond the legal penalties of a DUI conviction, you could experience negative repercussions in several areas of your life. An under 21 DUI charge could impact your future and make it difficult to:
- Find a job
- Secure housing
- Maintain a positive reputation
- Get into college
Allow our firm to defend you against your DUI charges. We have experience working with clients like you.
Blood Alcohol Content Limit in Berks County, Pennsylvania
DUI stands for “driving under the influence” of alcohol. If you knowingly drink alcohol and operate a motor vehicle, you are driving under the influence. Law enforcement can pull you over and perform a series of tests to determine if you should be taken into custody and cited for violation of the law.
One test you could take is a breathalyzer. During this test, the driver of the vehicle must blow into a device for several seconds to estimate your blood alcohol content level. Refusing to submit to a breath test can result in fines, license suspension, and increased penalties.
According to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, the legal limit for a DUI conviction is .08%. For those under 21, the legal limit is .02%, so even a single drink can result in a DUI charge.
Contact Us To Find Out More About Our Berks County Under 21 DUI Lawyer Today
At McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., we can provide DUI defense for those under 21 years old. Our team will work to protect your rights, guide you through the legal process, and keep you updated on your case.
Don’t let a DUI charge negatively impact your life. Contact an under 21 DUI lawyer in Berks County from McKenzie Law Firm, P.C. Get started today with a free consultation.