Have you or someone you love been arrested for a gun-related crime? You do not have to face severe penalties on your own. When our Berks County gun lawyer is on your side, we work hard to help you avoid hefty fines and short- or long-term incarceration. We will delve into the state’s case against you, investigate any violations of your rights, and explore all possible plea bargains.
At McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., we believe you are entitled to a second chance and an opportunity to protect your personal and professional future. We will listen to your version of the events that led to your arrest with compassion and kindness and without judgment. When you are ready to fight for yourself, our law firm is ready to fight by your side.
Leave Your Firearm Case to Our Criminal Defense Team Serving Berks County
An arrest on any charge can be traumatizing and stressful — especially when you do not know where to turn for help. Our Berks County criminal defense lawyer can help. When our law firm is on your side, we make sure you know what to expect and how hard our team goes to bat for you.
- Investigate every detail of the case from arrest to trial
- Explain Pennsylvania’s gun laws and legal language
- Explore the myriad benefits of a plea agreement
- Compile, organize, and present supporting evidence
Our team looks at every element of your arrest and uses the discovery process to understand the evidence against you. We leverage the information we find to develop the best possible defense strategy for you.
What to Expect When Our Law Firm Fights for You
When you are facing criminal charges and the possibility of conviction, you want a legal team who is responsive and accessible. Once a representation agreement is signed, we make sure you can reach your lawyer via:
- Social media
We make sure you can contact one of our team members with any questions. We also ask questions of you that help us get to the bottom of your case. We examine all evidence carefully and search for any witnesses to your arrest or who might have additional insight into your case.
Our legal team will explain all the details of your defense. We also make sure you understand the possible penalties of a misdemeanor or felony conviction, and which apply to your case.
How Criminal Conviction Can Affect Every Aspect of Your Life
The state of Pennsylvania takes responsible gun ownership seriously. Being arrested for a gun-related charge carries its own stigma. Conviction, too, carries stigma, but can also derail your life in the following ways:
- Jeopardize your job or career ambitions
- Hinder your current and future education goals
- Mar your good name and community standing
- Separate you from your friends and family
When we say we work hard to protect you, we mean it. In addition to legal guidance and support, our client care extends to helping you mitigate the societal impact of gun charges. When your future and freedom are at stake, we never stop fighting for you.
Pennsylvania Gun Laws
The state has many laws that govern gun ownership and possession. Our gun lawyer representing clients in Berks County is familiar with these laws and how they can impact your case.
- 18 Pa. C.S.A. § 6105 — explains which citizens are prohibited from owning, using, making, or selling firearms
- 18 Pa. C.S.A. § 6106 — explains the possible penalties associated with carrying an unlicensed firearm.
- 18 Pa. C.S.A. § 6107 — explains gun-related behaviors and actions in the event of a public emergency
- 18 Pa. C.S.A. § 6108 — explains your right to carry specific guns lawfully and in public
At McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., we use our familiarity with state and local law to fight for you. When you trust our law firm with your criminal defense, we do everything we can to develop an effective strategy for you.
You do Not Have to Face Gun Crime Charges Without Legal Support
In Pennsylvania, you could face a wide variety of gun-related criminal charges. At McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., we defend clients facing the following:
- Illegal possession
- Illegal firearms sales
- Illegal carrying
- Using a firearm during a crime
- Theft of a firearm
- Gun-related parole violation
- Gun-related probation violation
- Possession of a concealed weapon
- Illegally altering a firearm
- Firearm possession by a minor
- Firearm possession by a convicted felon
The type of charge your face will determine the potential penalty you face. Our legal team will work with the state’s prosecutor to understand the charges you face and your possible options.
We Help Our Clients Get a Fresh Start
When they talk about their experience with our client-focused defense team, clients we represented in the past say the following:
- Kathy Ramsey: If you’re looking for a good, compassionate defense attorney, then David McKenzie is your best choice. His knowledge, and relationship with the officers of the court, and David’s availability to answer any of your concerns, will make the whole process less stressful. David, you are, in my book, an outstanding lawyer.
- Debbie: I was referred to David by a friend who had used him previously. He represented my son in a criminal case and the outcome was far better than we ever expected. He is kind, considerate and very compassionate…If you ever need a lawyer, please do yourself a favor and contact David.
Our law firm works hard for the best possible outcome for every client we represent. Our goal is to help you get a fresh start and a brighter future.
Review Your Berks County Gun Case Today
Are your freedom and future at stake because of a pending gun charge in Berks County, PA? At the McKenzie Law Firm, P.C., our gun lawyer can help you build a strong defense. We make sure your rights were never violated and work hard to negotiate a beneficial plea bargain.
Find out how hard we fight for you by contacting one of our case review team members today.